My Favorite Company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Marinegreen1775, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Marinegreen1775

Marinegreen1775 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I had posted this in a response to a poor CRE driver. I thought I would put it in my favorite company section.

I just signed on with a new company last week where for the orientation they fed us everyday, 3 FULL meals, put us up in a really nice hotel (1st night by yourself, the second and third you have a roommate). It was a great experience. Dare I say relaxing. They had a truck ready for the minute I got out of orientation. They even asked me if it was clean enough for me and had a mechanic go through the entire truck. I stood there with a dumb look on my face for at least 5 minutes. THey then asked if Iw as willing to run into Montreal Canada. I said sure, I have dual citizenship. They said Ok if you dont mind your run is from Cactus, TX to Montreal and back. All we ask is that you log legal, if you cant make it, dont worry, we have other loads and other trucks to repower. They also give you 5 company numbers plus a driver realtion amanger personal cell in case you need to get a hold of someone.

I have seen the worst in trucking companies (CRE) and the best (my current company). I am sorry you had to deal with them and learn the hard way. I used a third party recruiter to find this job. It was free and he found me this company. I actually look forward to a long career with them.:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikroos5

mikroos5 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Mass.
    OK What is the name of this UTOPIAN company......I'm curious....

4. Marinegreen1775

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Lisa. They are a small reefer company out of Fort Worth. I am happy to be with them now. They were very friendly. I used a third party recruiter and it was just like he had promised. They were organized and efficient when it came to the orientation. They even let you do the movie watching at home before you go to orientation. I am sure they are not perfect but they are very good.

The orientation was about 2.5 days. They even reimbursed me for my gas to the home terminal.

The company may not be for everyone but it is for me. I like it. They treated me with respect.

5. blackf3504dr

blackf3504dr Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Leesburg, Fl.
    Yeah, we'd all like to know the name of this company ! We know you didn't like CR England, but have no clue as to your current company ....

6. Marinegreen1775

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I posted the name above. It is funny how people are surprised that a company might actually care about its drivers.

As you can tell I am a former Marine. I have no need to lie and no need to puff up my new company. They don't even read stuff like this. I only wrote this thread so that maybe, if a driver was interested, they would take a look at Lisa.

I am not trying to make this company look all warm and fuzzy, just tell you my experience so far. You may have your own opinion. I just think this is my favorite company so far!

7. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    I hope they aren't like FFE.

I've had the major misfortune of getting behind more FFE drivers than any other company that think the fuel island is a parking spot. I WILL NOT pull in to fuel behind ANY parked FFE driver.

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Isn't LISA MOTOR LINES a division of FFE? Or is it KLLM?

9. blackf3504dr

blackf3504dr Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Leesburg, Fl.

Duh ! I guess I was reading with my eyes closed !:biggrin_25523: After rereading your post I seen it right away .... It's good to see someone saying something positive about the company they work .

10. Marinegreen1775

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    No worries LOL.....I do the same thing......I like hearing the positive ones too. I am tired of hearing what some of these companies are doing to drivers. THere comes a point where companies are taking advantage of there drivers.

I love being a driver. I hate the fact that some companies treat them as a necessary evil, Instead of the highly trained, hard working men and women they are. I used to be a Marine and then made the mistake of being a financial adviser. I have two degrees and was making a good living. I couldn't stand all the politics of the office so I went into truck driving.

Truck driving is not unlike the Marines. You have to have discipline, tact, and a hurry up and wait attitude. THe only difference is that people seem to respect Marines and not Truck Drivers. They think anyone can be a truck driver or that they are dirty and lazy. I take a shower everyday. I keep my appearence neat and clean. I am also more educated than 90% of these people that work at some of these low rent trucking companies (Not mine of course, there are some smart people working at Lisa).

There is no need to treat drivers like some of these other companies do. THey should be treated like gold. Now some of it is our fault. We jump companies to see what is on the other side but if they would treat us fairly we would be less likely to jump ship. (Lisa has a great retention rate).

Any ways, that is the end of my ranting and raving for now. :biggrin_25510:

11. fastSVT

fastSVT Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Lisa Motor Lines? I saw one of their trucks around my town the other day and looked 'em up online. Too young + no experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.