My favorite lease on company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Plsdontflip, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Plsdontflip

Plsdontflip Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2021
    So this is my first lease, so I guess naturally my favorite as owner op lol

But it could be bad and I hate it I guess. The company is Starlight Express, LLC and they also own a new MC Dixon something I forget but it's for owner ops no experience and drivers with no experience. Starlight required 2 years exp and decent motor carrier doesn't have to be perfect (I have a super speeder bout 1 year ago)

They pay me 75% load gross, and I use their trailer at no fee which is good imo. We do only reefers so the gross is pretty good each week (I'm in month 1 and haven't went under 7500 gross yet) but what's great about them is they are all super nice treat me like family and happy to work with me on anything. Unlike anyone I have ever worked with/for. I only do Monday thru Friday regional and they are really good about getting me where I wanna go, when.

We are hiring on 5 more owner op so if you don't have perfect record, or are a fairly new driver who bought a truck, definitely give them a call as I found out it's a tough market out there for owner op with less then 2 yr and a speeding ticket. Even if you have 2yr and clean record, dispatch here is amazing and worth the consideration. Any questions feel free to dm me.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. peabody747

peabody747 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2022
    whats your net after expenses?, our they lease to own?

4. Plsdontflip

Oct 10, 2021
    After what I put away weekly for maintenance and surprises, and all expenses taxes included (accumulating to pay quarterly) I will walk away with 2500 to 3.5k that I could gamble away and it not affect my business. And by gamble away I mean let my wife see it and spend it on dumb #### she dont need lol that 2.5 to 3 is also including extra principle only payments to my loan so it could be300 more a week if I wanted to pay for this truck for 4 years.

No they don't do lease to own or sell trucks or anything it's a rather small outfit of 10 company trucks and trailers and think 2 other owner ops. 2 office personnel and a mechanic in OK I get a deep discount at and many small things done free. And no I don't get any sort of commission if someone calls from this haha

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Ya should clarify the experience requirements. First ya said it was for owner ops and drivers with no experience. Then in the next sentence ya said starlight required 2 yrs experience. Are ya talking about 2 different companies here or what? An what is an MC Dixon?

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What's the full name of the Mc Dixon company and where is it located?

7. Plsdontflip

Oct 10, 2021
    It's Dixon continental transport. Sorry for confusion guys. Starlight express requires 2 years exp and a fairly clean mvr. For owner op and company driver. Dixon has no experience requirement, or maybe something like 3 months, and can work with less then perfect mvr i think for an owner op and conpany driver alike. Both companies ran by same people. Great all around

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Plsdontflip

Oct 10, 2021
    Oh also located in Tulsa OK, have a little shop where you can get repairs and PM on the cheap, and free cookies and root beer

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    COOKIES, and ROOT BEER!!! SIGN ME UP!!!

andre, Speed_Drums, baha and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.