my fun on pa153 today. Penfield Pa

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by earthbrown, Mar 19, 2007.

1. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    Took over 3hrs to go 20 miles, even with chains my empty truck did not perform well, most of the time was spent in low gear at an idle, and even then I had to stop, roll back and start over 30+ times to get over this road...

Saw another driver come over the top, lose his trailer, and hit a tree with the trailer, he continued out of sight sliding down the road, unable to come to a stop...

Mess his trailer up pretty good, but his skill or luck kept him from hitting me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wndrwtr

wndrwtr Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Texas
    If the Central truck is yours, you would have had better results by chaining all drive wheels and locking up the dif. Used to "Hang Iron" quite often and found this to be the best configuration. Now that I'm older, (older than dino crap according to my kids lol) I refuse to hang iron and just wait on the plows and "salt shakers".

4. earthbrown

May 27, 2006

Unfortunately we only get 1 set of drives, and being singles, I could not use my other chains on them.

I did lock the diffs...

I just REFUSE to sit at my young age.

K

5. Sgt. C

Sgt. C Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    EB,

How long have you been with Central? I ask because my son drives for them; been there for about 15 months (after spending his first 3 months driving an England truck.) :biggrin_2552:

6. earthbrown

May 27, 2006
    close to the same...

I like them, they have treated me pretty well....minus having to track down $$$ sometimes.

K

7. Sgt. C

Sgt. C Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    That's good to hear. His only problem was with one particular dispatcher who had him sitting more than driving. Changed dispatchers and hasn't had any problems since.
    The winter wonderland looked like a chore to drive in, but the pics were awesome. Thanks for sharing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.