My gut says no...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by lil penny, Dec 18, 2017.

1. lil penny

lil penny Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Gotcha...thanks for the good info

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ok, your age is no problem then. Some companies have minimum age requirements, but there is no maximum age limit. The 15+ ticket is considered reckless driving for trucking companies, even if you were in your car or motorcycle.
    Southern Refrigerated Transport
    Freymiller - new grads hired under the "Restore Program."
    Britton Transport
    Magnum Ltd.
    Navajo Express
    Butler Transport
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com
    Senn Freight Lines
    FFE (Frozen Food Express)
    USA Truck
    These companies cut some slack from what's on the website, on a case by case basis.

4. lil penny

Nov 17, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Ok thanks for the info.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply to as many as you want to; the more the better. This way you might have several job offers to choose from.

6. lil penny

Nov 17, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Ok thanks for the info, going to chill out on applying until January, tentative school start date not until March 5...maybe late February

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK. You have a pretty good list to get started with. Get all your information ready and submit the applications the first day of cdl school. You'll get job offers contingent on graduating from cdl school. Ha, you'll probably get a better job than your classmates that jump on whatever the school pushes.
    Yes, you can apply earlier than the school start date; might luck out and land a good job before school even starts.

lil penny Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Doubles is just a few questions. It's like hooking up three trailers for 1 trip (first pup, converter dolly, second pup). The last trailer wiggles more. All of the airlines must be open until the end of the last trailer. HazMat in the lead trailer. Every possible question is posted at Trucker Country, and possibly this web site. Take the test.

lil penny Thanks this.
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

That's how it went for me. I took the test at the DMV and a couple of years later I hooked up my first set of doubles. It took me 3 hours in a moonscape of craters on a gravel yard. I got on the highway in Atlanta and a black BMW did a panic stop right in front of me so she could exit from the second lane over.

lil penny and buddyd157 Thank this.
  10. Doublewiggle32

Doublewiggle32 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I think more can go wrong with hazmat than doubles. Atleast you are in control of how much wiggling goes on, they aren't to bad. But with hazmat you could be hit by someone, and now you could have a real mess!

lil penny Thanks this.
  11. lil penny

Nov 17, 2017
    East Tennessee
    ####

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.