My journey with a.c.t

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by full moon, Jul 2, 2012.

1. full moon

full moon Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2010
    My journey with act is a phrase i use because thats what being in business is a journey. Its not a goal . Its definetly a journey it doesnt happen overnight either . Or at the end of your lease . as long as those wheels are turning your truck is operating at a cost . To me there is no break even point .

Ill try to post on here as often as i can . I wont sugar coat anything . Some people might question what i say but , it is what it is. Everybody has there own opion. Everybody has a different experience. And yes my grammer and spelling arent the best (opion somebody help me out here)doesnt look right. For all i know grammer and spelling are the same thing.

Here the deal i been here 4 months will i make it to the end of the lease . Heck yes ill make it . I finish what i start. I approached this lease as an opportunity to better myself and family. I am determined to succeed my family depends on me . So the first thing i did was be a company driver for 20 yrs and save money. Not easy thing to do but i did it. I put enough money in the bank to make the buy out before i even got started with this lease thing. If it doesnt work , I got some cash to fall back on. Ok so enough about me.

I got my truck i noticed it had 50% rubber on the drives , steer tires good shape to. For all i know they put them on yesterday. I get my first load and i have a vibration. Here we go. My journey has begun. Did i test drive before i signed no . who fault is that mine. I have ran some miles built up a maint acct. And for the most part i have been able to keep up with the truck to keep at the vibration . Without it making me go in the hole . I Have spent money on new shocks. 3 axle alignment, New brake shoes, Front end alignment, oil changes, pm's, and 2 tires trying to find the cause of the vibration. Believe me its been frustrating. But at the sametime act has ran me enough for me to keep up with the issue, and keep working at it. I have learned alot about process of elimination and i might not be good at it but the maint acct has afforded me the oportunity putting these parts on the truck. Honestly by time i figure it out ill have alot of new parts on this truck. That in itself is worth it. Cause the way i see it, it allows me opportunity to save and build on the back end of my lease for the buyout . even tho i already have it in the bank thats a good deal.

Some drivers make a killing here at act.Some barely get buy, one thing for sure the opportunity for a driver to come here and succeed is as open as you are to the idea of being in business. You get what you put into it. The tools are here. Your a business partner with act and visa versa . One depends on the other.

Things keep going the way they are now for the rest of my lease it will be one heck of a journey. But one thing for sure ill have the title and an asset to be proud of. I have alot of confidence in our economy getting better , so things are looking up for me , meanwhile ill sit back and make the best of it. There are alot people that have it alot worse than i do . I get frustrated but im better off just being patient.. Things will work themselves out . And i understand its up to me to figure it out .

Drivers here are really friendly. Been along time i drive down the road most of the fleet waves at you . Heck my arms gettn tired waving all the time . Tells me alot of drivers are happy with what there doing . Because there with a company that cares. The company driver attitude doesnt apply here theres a big difference . You can ask a driver here anything you"ll get the straight scoop. Your success depends on you , and how you approach your business. Has nothing to do with that other driver.

So if your up to a challenge and you think you got what it takes to be a businessman at act. This is a place to be . Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but atleast im still in the shed . I get it . And so will you . Do your due diligence talk to your family and make that nove . You wont regret it .

Remember Succeess is not a Goal , its a Journey . happy 4th everybody. time for me to roll .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Did we really need another ACT thread?

4. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    Glad to see another act thread. Have you made it to indy yet.

5. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    People's experiences both good and bad are always welcome. You don't gotta read it if you don't wanna. This is JCWs 2nd full week w/ ACT. Not expecting miracles this week, due to the holiday, but I it doesn't look bad so far.

6. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I'm not saying they are not welcome, Just think it would make finding information about ACT easier if it had one unified thread like Central, Prime, JCT, etc.

7. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

Nice post! Tell it how it is! :yes2557:

:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25519:

Well, can the mods maybe create a "sub=forum" or what ever its called for ACT... just like central/prime/jct/schneider/etc...

:biggrin_25519:

azcardnlz Thanks this.
  8. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    Ah, that would be their own folder, not unified thread. (I currently follow...about 8 Prime threads....). On that issue, I agree with you!

9. BlackLions

With almost 2k posts, you must know at least one mod on here... want to hit'em up with the question....

10. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    LOL, I spend my time being a good girl and not attracting attention. (At least on the forum, LOL).

11. BlackLions

Hmmmm not sure if that's good or bad...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.