My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So a tip to drivers- If you take a different route than what is proposed you cannot get a fuel stop programmed on the route you take. With that said the DBL can put a fuel stop on your route.

Example-We are picking up in Portland bound for Denton TX. The route given takes us south to I-10, through Phoenix...El Paso and then across to Dallas then north to Denton TX. By taking I-40 we cut off over 200 miles off the planned route. Can't get a fuel stop on I-40 without talking to DBL. They have to route it in manually.

Grijon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. macmoran

macmoran Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Stockton, CA
    Does your DBL redo the route plan so you're not dinged for out of route miles?

4. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Out of Route doesn't ding us like it used to. We check ALL routes when we get the assignment to make sure there isn't a better or faster route before we start our assignment. Some of the assignments have us going through little town after little town when if you add 2 miles to the route you can travel interstate the entire way. What worries me about this route is the customer pays for the longer route and it is set up this way because of winter weather. We know the route well and it just makes sense to save time by taking I-40 instead of going through SoCal...Phoenix, El Paso, Ft Worth and Dallas traffic.

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    This is NOT correct. You can get a fuel stop automatically without speaking with your DBL. Here is how you do it.

Of course, whatever route that Jill calculates initially from the shipper to the receiver is the route where the fuel solution is going to be based on. Any fuel solution is going to use that route. What you do to get a fuel solution on a different route is this.

You go the way you want to go. Jill is going to keep re-routing you the way she wants to go. Once you reach a point where Jill finally says #### it and you get her to pull up the route you want to follow, then at that point you go to "send msg" on workflow and "request fuel". At that point Jill will use whatever route is being shown on Navigo to calculate a new fuel solution(s).

So in conclusion, whenever you send in the "request fuel" message on workflow, it is calculating fuel solutions based on whatever route Navigo is using at that exact time you send the message in. This is really easy for teams to do too because you guys can access the qualcom and do the messages and everything while the vehicle is in motion. Solo drivers would have to pull over and do all the messaging stuff.

EggoTrucker and dieselfuelonly Thank this.
  6. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I will try it but Jill has us going Portland, French Camp, Fontana, Phoenix, El Paso, Fort Worth with Fuel stops at each one. Using that route it is 2396 miles. I am trying to go Portland...Barstow....Denton which is 150 miles shorter and we don't hit SoCal tomorrow morning.

I will contact the DBL to see other options. Thanks....normally if we aren't too far off route that will work but this is totally different and we are no where close to what Jill wishes us to do.

7. TruckerPatrick86

TruckerPatrick86 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Central Florida
    It isn't a Frito Lay load is it? I've never hauled one (yet) but I heard that they pay SNI extra $$ to run a certain route to avoid the Rockies. Something to do with the elevation of the mountains popping the bags.

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    If your on a specific route dispatch per the shipper check with your DBL before changing. There's a reason they pay more for that route.

9. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I contacted the DBL and was told no varying from the route. I set my ETA per 50 mph for 2400 miles with an ETA of 1600 CST on the 4th. Was contacted by the DBL and asked why I couldn't make the 0700 appt time on the 4th. I explained that there was no way we could make it by that time. (would have to average 61.5 mph with 1300 of the miles being Oregon and California). Looks like we are going to get dinged because we accepted the load without being able to make the appt. I'm not real happy about the whole thing but what do you do??

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Must be Frito Lay. Good luck and just send a free for to cover your rear about safe and legal. Also note route specific and fight the Service failure. You couldn't know the route until you accepted the load to get the dispatch per navigo

EggoTrucker Thanks this.
  11. EggoTrucker

EggoTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Make sure the instructions of taking the planned route wasn't in the remarks before trying to fight the service failure either. If it was they will get on you about reading everything on WA

warhippy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.