My lease adventure

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Crazytrucker77, Mar 16, 2018.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Dude. Lever action. Not some cheap Wal-Mart trigger action.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Yeah I guess I'll just stick with my battery operated grease gun lol

Samuelh and Samarquis Thank this.
  4. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Do yourself a favor and grease the fifth wheel first so you see how much comes out per trigger pull or per second. You do not want to over grease s cam bushings, it will fill the drum up with grease.

Bean Jr. and Crazytrucker77 Thank this.
  5. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    So I finally had some time to figure out what my break even point is. This number includes all truck expenses and wage I pay myself to cover my house bills. My break even point is $1.66 pm and no less then $364 per day. I came up with this number by looking at my first quarterly numbers and mileage. How can people make money working for $1.00 - $1.10 plus fuel surcharge? Guess they just don't have much overhead.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    The fuel surcharge amounts to substantially more than the increased fuel cost. It becomes an additional part of revenue. I made the most profit when the fuel was approaching $5 per gallon.

7. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Here is June's numbers.

Attached Files:

taodnt and truckerman75103 Thank this.
  8. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I took your advice and did the fifth wheel first and it got an air pocket about a minute in then shot a huge almost golf ball sized mound of grease out lol.

9. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    They have been running me like crazy these last two weeks. It feels like I have had hardly any time to breathe. Due to all this running I haven't gotten in a 34 yet which wasn't a problem this week but will now cause me to have some low hours through Tuesday. Honestly I am looking forward to a little slower week to give me some time to get things ready for my quarterly on the 9th. On a good note I got a good set of loads this week that allowed me to bring my wife on the truck for her days off from her job. It was nice to spend time with her and take her to my favorite café in California. I have been trying to get her out there for several months but I always didn't have time to stop when she was on the truck lol figures.

386lover Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That's why i don't like those electric ones, or even the air ones shops use. The lever action hand ones are much more..what's the word I'm looking for? Just woke up from a long nap and my brain is all foggy so can't think of the right word but they push pout the same amount of grade with each stroke of the lever, so you never have that surge like you did with the golf ball. If that had happened when you were doing the s cam bushing all that extra grease would be in your brake shoes.

I know you spent a good chunk of change on that electric grease gun but you really should consider spending another 40 dollars on a good quality lever style, even if you only use it for the s cams and throw out bearing.

Crazytrucker77 Thanks this.
  11. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I prefer the pistol grip over the lever because you have a free hand to hold the hose. Needed when doing ujoints.

Sully92, Samuelh and roadtech Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.