My Millis Transfer Experience Starting 9/19/11

Discussion in 'Millis' started by GtownWing, Sep 19, 2011.

1. GtownWing

GtownWing Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Coming up on a year since I left Millis to continue on with my goals that I set when I decided to go trucking. I bought a truck and leased on with Landstar May of last year. Has been a learning experience and profitable. I appreciate all that Millis did for me the 1.25 years I was there. Thanks goes out to Bill, Woody and Harold teaching me the fundamentals and David Barill aka Baritone for finishing me out to where I got my own Millis truck. Without those guys I would have never got my adventure off the ground and rolling down the road. I believe that the training that I received from Millis has allowed me to be an above average driver, a courteous driver and a profitable driver. Since Millis hauls a lot of beer and paper loads it made me learn how to be careful with loads and that has helped me out on so many loads. The first example that comes to mind was a load I hauled from Dallas to Chicago O'hare Airport. I picked up 4 crates that had tilt, drop and vibration sensors on the crates. I found out after making the delivery that the crates contained delicate instruments that Intel uses in their production of computer chips. The crates were being shipped to Ireland to their new manufacturing facility. Needless to say I delivered the load with no problems, plus had to different inspector look at and sign off on the load. I owe that to Millis and the training that I received from them. Bottom line is that if you are looking for a quality training and a good company that will do what they say they will do, then you can't go wrong with Millis Transfer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Reed( Future Driver)

Reed( Future Driver) Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2014
    I have been reading posts about Millis and from what I hear, I like and think Millis is a great company.....I am hoping to start training for CDLs in June. My youngest daughter graduates high school on May 20th and I want to be here for her and celebrate with her. That being said, I live ten minutes from the Trenton training facility in Middletown. I used to drive taxis here and picked up a few guys going to Millis for training. They were put up in local hotels. My question is probably a silly one but here goes.....Do I have to stay in hotel or can I stay at my home ten minutes away and commute from there to school each day ? And one more thing, as for the classes, what are the hours ?

4. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    yes you can stay at home and commute from home the hrs do vary somewhat I went through the school 2 yrs ago and I live in Middletown as well the hrs vcary the first day I believe they want you there by 7 am after that Bill will let you know what time you need to be there but as I remember its usually from 5or 6 am to abt 4or5 pm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.