My new adventure with Gordon Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1135, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Some interesting posts here: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-the-truth-about-heartland-2.html#post3664493

seekingwork101 has some recent disturbing things to say about HTLD.

Retaliatory firing, retaliatory and false derogs on DAC/HireRight, verbally abusive. Might explain HTLD high Driver Safety score.

Says false DAC/HireRight claim of falsification on log cost a shoe-in job at Wal-Mart. That real reason for firing was retaliation after engine failure made late on one of HTLD's top ten accounts. Says that's a ban hammer no-no.

/tow, that's good, "diatribe of the little train that couldn't"--ha ha. Avg pay where I work is $65K, our short runs of a day or two bring in more than a week at GTI regional and no where near the wear and tear on the driver. Dunno if HTLD will be better/worse than GTI--do know it's short haul. As was Gordon all along. Short haul.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You always speak of this company you work for but are yet to reveal its identity

5. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    I'm part-time, tow, and they'd prefer full-time.

You know that.

I could advertise myself out of a job.

It's not the only good job out there, either.

I'd like to head west for the winter and still have work when I get back.

Good part-time spots are more difficult to find.

/Sorry if it seems I'm picking on you. Don't really mean to. Kind of like your Kid Rock quote. 'It ain't a diatribe if its true'. I hope things are, in fact, better for regional drivers at HTLD. Dunno. Believe all the bad, a little of the good.

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
  7. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Victor may be the sole reason for people never returning to this forum.

8. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    I find it very interesting, even more so Larry and Steve. Will do a commentary on all the leased terminals, too, and the cash flow per month off those. Valley Freightliner, too. The average person, average driver, hasn't a clue how the cash register jingles for the slim few on top.

This is just their HTLD money.

You know, we wrangle back-and-forth about driver-sized money. It's beyond puny in comparison. The Gordons have done really well and represent the zenith American story that we would like to believe. You've met Steve and Larry, so have other drivers. These are people they know, they've met. It happens. A combination of hard work, vision and brilliance.

Hey! I worked for those guys!

/anj, Challenger: You can put me on your 'ignore list'. It really works. joseph's on mine. All I get is a pleasant blue notice that his msg is hidden.

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I dont know anj...i have never been able to understand wrestling or nascar : yet it flourishes

anj8488 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  10. CougFan

CougFan Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2012
    And things were going so good here for a bit lol.

Guess the kumbaya was like the allies and axis sharing christmas dinner in WW1 :p

tow614 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    As i recall cougfan.. a few years later they got together and did it again... WW II

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.