My new career with Superior Carriers begins!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Jun 18, 2012.

1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Alright, the moment I have been waiting for finally started today, June 18 2012. I won't bore you with old details but if your interested you can catch up at my old thread http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ly-accepted-athens-tech-commercial-truck.html

Let me just first say that the hiring process with Superior is somewhat extensive so I got to know the office staff at the terminal fairly well with all the back and forth trips for all the required pre-employment stuff. So there were no nervous jitters about meeting new people. Plus the office staff is really small. Two dispatchers and the terminal manager, all who are very nice.

So today was just kind of an easy day. I had to watch a safety video and answer questions over it. There was some reading of company policies and questions I had to answer about that to make sure I understood company and FMCSA policies and regulations regarding hauling hazardous materials. Of course I had to sign papers saying I took the tests and understood them. Then I did some more safety modules on a website the company uses and you answer questions and scenarios with it as you go along. Pretty cool I thought. They make all drivers do this monthly. They send out a message at the beginning of each month and tell you what module to do. You have the month to get it completed. I think it is great as it keeps safety meshed in your brain constantly.

Tomorrow I go out with a local trainer and will be with him for the rest of the week. Then Saturday I have a required safety meeting to attend at a nearby hotel. So I will get to meet more drivers and staff then. Oh, and free breakfast is being served! Can't beat that.

I will report back as often as possible. So until then, be safe out there everyone.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    123456, Roadmyth, Cyanide and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    Congrats on finally starting!

4. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Thanks. I am glad to be there :)

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Here ya go, Duck!!
    Sometimes what we wish for is not all that we thought it would be.
    I hope it is for you.

Best of luck, my friend and Happy Trails!!

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I think this was one of those times the good Lord was looking out for me (not that he hasn't ever). He obviously saw something I could not. I feel very fortunate to be at Superior.

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Congrats and welcome to the company. Its not perfect but you beat the odds getting on right out of school.

Cyanide and rubberducky68 Thank this.
  8. kydriver

kydriver Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I'm following your every word........

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  9. ped

ped Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Finally, your first day with Superior happened! Welcome aboard. I'll probably see you around the Morrow terminal this week since I have a delivery in Atlanta on Tuesday.

Enjoy the Atlanta traffic!

10. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Welcome aboard. I started out of school as well. They'll have to fire and/or kill me to make me leave.

rubberducky68 and Cyanide Thank this.
  11. slomocopshow

slomocopshow <b>MS GA RED</b>

Apr 25, 2012
    Congrats, Ducky! We're looking forward to following you through your first steps at Superior. Conditioned upon his acceptance DH is on track to begin school in a few weeks, which we don't foresee an issue. He's already read through his main book and been taking the tests religiously! Bless his heart; he's so excited. BTW, Fox News reported yesterday that the state of Georgia did indeed finally pull the grant for the truck driving program at the technical colleges beginning this fall. I sure hope that the class this summer isn't too overcrowded, making it hard for the students to get in as much drive-time as possible.

Anyway, keep us posted on your progress so we newbies can know what to expect on our road ahead. :yes2557:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.