My new family May Trucking

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by nobrand, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Gold Country, California
    My DM, when he was blessed with my addition to his fleet, was young and healthy, with jet black hair. Now his hair is gray, and he needs a walker to get around. Don't think it's because of me do you? Naw, couldn't be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nobrand

nobrand Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Vernal UT.
    Well thought i would stop by here and say hello and hope ya all are havn fun. I am still not diggn the oil field thing just doesnt appeal to me, i got a check for 1800 dollars in one week but i earned every dime of it, i am pretty sure i b headn back to May shortly. Well be safe,

4. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    scrolled back a few pages but didnt see so I'll ask. what exactly are you doing out there in the field? Im sure theres driving involved lol but what else? there was a guy in my trucking school that he was dead set on going up to north dakota, but I heard as far as driving thats the least of your duties

5. nobrand

nobrand Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Vernal UT.
    Hey blue02cell sounds like things are going pretty well for ya. Driving where i am at and what i am doing sure is different than over the road thats forsure. What i do is haul water like from a pit, drilling rig, work over rig, or haul frash water that i mix a chemical with to a rig. We have gps however not allways correct, gettn a good lesson in map reading wow who would think a road goes up there lol.We have a lot of 12% grades and more. The other day it rained hard and ended up chaining up 6x going in and out of location. Well stay safe and KEEP IT FUN

6. sporty

sporty Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well all I got my confirmation of orientation next Tuesday the 10th here in Phoenix. I am excited to be joining the family.

I do have a question for you drivers out there though. When I get into my own truck and I want to get my CB installed, does the shop have to do it or can I? Also what else do I need other then the radio and mic? Do I need an antenna and everything else as well?

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Easy to install on dash yourself. Wires for power and factory antenna are right there.

Welcome!

8. sporty

sporty Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Scooter. I greatly appreciate it. I have been looking at radios the past few day's and am leaning torwards the Cobra 29 BT. Or just the standard classic look 29.

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I have a Cobra Classic...it's stored under my bunk ;-)

10. sporty

sporty Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    What's your opinion on a Cobra 148 tweaked and peaked to 40 watts?

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I don't have an opinion, I don't care to listen to trucker's all day long on the cb, thus, the reason my cheapo $69 Cobra Classic is stored under my bunk ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.