My new truck!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by AXE, Aug 28, 2011.

1. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Um no your wrong about the cummins.....

American Trucker

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    I think he's refering to the torque curve.The bottom end in the C15 Acert is designed to pull down to 1100 rpm.But the ISX is designed to downshift at 1300 or close to it.

4. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea, Trilleth and I moved into 2136 this weekend. Overall, storage space is a bit limited without a top bunk, but I'm planning on putting in a built in shelf up there. The bed is definitely bigger and we could immediately tell the difference. The truck drives so much better than the FLs or Volvos even with the 9 speed. It was so much smoother and quieter than the FL. Took a heavy load to MN and she pulled up the hills far easier than our old FL ever did. I like the feel of the narrow body can as well, but I know everybody has their own preference. Still getting settled into it, and customizing it.. Never ending, lol

I think this will be the kind of truck we end purchasing for ourselves when we are ready, except with an 86" sleeper!

Although we've only covered abut 1k miles so far, we averaged 6.2 mpg (78k lbs with many hills) . No idea what the bonus tiers will be yet.

There are some other benefits that I won't mention here as to not upset anyone, you can speculate all you want on that :p but these were not reasons we chose to get into one as we found out after we moved in, lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.