My orientation with Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TurtlesLikeI, Jun 6, 2017.

1. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Congrats! May traffic always be behind you.

TurtlesLikeI Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Sounds like they have classed things up since I went through company orientation. I don't remember a graduation, or diploma. All I remember is them giving me the keys to a beat up Century that smelled like a wet dog and a load to Boston:(

LittleLady2009, Opus and SingingWolf Thank this.
  4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Congrats! I might just go with Swift because they have a terminal not far away from here. I could go Schneider but I'd have to go all the way to Phoenix and if they fly you home afterwards..well I'd rather not do all that traveling. Plus, I hear it's mega hot down in the SW.

5. Jmans

Jmans Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Question turtles,trucks have apus?
    Fridge?idling policies?condition of trucks?
    Electornic logs?Appreciate it

6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I can help with that. No APUs (it's a mega company), no fridge but sure you can have one installed, they will let you idle but not if it's 68 degrees guessing, trucks can be good or old depending on what you get but speaking with your driver manager might get you a nicer one if you have any issues with your first truck. They do use electronic logs.

steveophoto Thanks this.
  7. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    No APU, newer ones come with 1500w inverters though. Some trucks come with bunk coolers called the Park Smart system I think. No fridge. Idling policies is they whine about it when the truck allows it. The truck will allow idle if temps are below 30 or above 70, iirc. Good condition. Yes e-logs.

Jmans Thanks this.
  8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    no idle between 20 and 70. supposedly.

TurtlesLikeI Thanks this.
  9. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    Yeah. I ended up going team so it isn't an issue, but a fellow classmate I ran into mentioned he was getting reminded that idling wastes fuel... While he was on a reset on California where it gets pretty hot. I told him to tell them to shove it and crank the AC. I'd do the same if I were solo.

drvrtech77 and bamamac Thank this.
  10. Jmans

Jmans Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Appreciate it man.

11. GetRid70hr8dayRules

GetRid70hr8dayRules Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    So you are the one screwing it up for the rest of us? Kidding. Punishing drivers leads to high turn over, you might be a dream employee, or simply screwing up the curve for everyone else.

A lot of drivers act the way they do because they know they need us more than we need them. Sure do a good job but worrying about mgmt pyscology is a form of self torture.

Frankly I should have a choice if some computer is going to alter the truck direction or speed going down a slick hill and the car in front of you drops to 10 mph from 50. I know my truck better than some programmer.

Yet I am told by 2020 Schneider wants 100% radar mitigation control, another point of failure, another check light, another wire harness to worry about.

Wait until you start buying that used garbage that is 3+ years old. Hint - Freightliner proprietary traction control does not work/play well with Meritor systems? Do your homework people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.