My personal experience with swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by 0ptimu5 Prime, Jan 23, 2008.

1. 0ptimu5 Prime

0ptimu5 Prime Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    When I started looking for a trucking school I decided to go with swift. It was no money upfront and no credit checks. I told them about all my info from my MVR (careless driving 2 years old) to my convictions (from 1996) They said oh everything is fine come on down check into this hotel. On the first day I had to work out for them in some ghetto doctors office that use to be a warehouse. Lifting 35, 55, 65, 75, and 85lbs from the floor to my waist 3 times each. After that I had to do the same set of weights from the floor to over my head three times. Then carry 85lbs 100ft several times. None of this was a problem just awful weird i thought. If I can do the 85lbs wtf is the point of the 35lbs? lol....

I was in the school for 2 days and was then disqualified for my MVR that they already knew about. Just not a very well run school in my opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    see thats crap, send you down to school then send you home:biggrin_25513:

4. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    yep I agree with u 100%
    is a couple ppl here at arrow orientation that swift did this to also.

5. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    You did your DOT physical at the Memphis terminal?

6. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    no I was at there school in san antonio.

7. 2nd career

2nd career Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Mesquite,NV
    That ain't right to call you down then send you home.

8. 0ptimu5 Prime

Jan 21, 2008
    Lavergne, TN
    well from what I get from it they have these guide lines as long as ur close they invite u down. once u get there the safty ppl look over ur file. if they don't like what the see they sent u away.

9. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
    lol..man im supposed to go to labanon,pa on sunday.

if that happens i might be getting locked up..lol

i mean how could they do such a thing i mean u should be able to sue for that..im pretty sure u had to get ur own way back home too.

10. Behindthewheel

Behindthewheel Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Iowa
    Swift is good about paying your way home if it is something beyond your control like a ticket that you reported yet safety refused to allow.

People that got sent home for breaking the rules or popping dirty during their physical were sent home without a bus ticket. They are very clear on this too when you are there.

So far (knock on wood), I have not had to pay for any of my transportation, just a big food expense since they do not cover your meals during training, and the closest wal-mart to the hotel in Phx is 4 Miles one way.

11. supraboy757

supraboy757 Light Load Member

Jul 2, 2008
    hampton va
    i went to swifts school and my class started with 23 people and graduated with 6 including myself most got sent home within the first week for stuff like driving record and health stuff and dirty piss( but if u are stupid enough to do that when u know u have a test coming up u are a moron anyways) but most of the people where sent home for saftey reason hitting #### on the backing stuff so on and so on i had a guy in my truck that took a 15mph ramp in 6th gear at 40 mph and was sent home for not being safe but that is how all the classes i saw there when i was there buy the time u get to the road part its about 3/4 of the class gone but the screwed up part is once u sign that paper on the frist day u still owe them that 3900 no matter how far u get in the training

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.