My recaps

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by WREN, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Alright, i’m Not agreeing or disagreeing with you.., but .. water isn’t flat. Take any clear container of it and look at the edge, there is a curvature, whether it’s a level, a simple glass or a puddle on a table. There is always a curvature on the edge if your engine was put together with that as “flat” it would never hold together. Stop calling water flat.

And the other thing that has been bugging me, in the model you posted it shows the sun and moon relatively the same size and distance. So explain tides??? There’s no seeming effect when the sun passes over, but they change with moon. I’m just trying to get my head wrapped around this?

gentleroger and PE_T Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Dude, really? You just answered your own question. When you posted the link here, the featured image of the video shows the curvature of the earth.

This is something I’ve been wanting to do, and now I get to show it to everyone. I took a screenshot of the featured image, clicked the picture editing tools, then tilted the image a little so that the “curvature” of the earth is up against a perfectly straight line. See the “four” images below, paying attention to the red arrows.

Attached Files:

Cabinover101 and gentleroger Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Here are more pictures of the same video.

Attached Files:

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.