My Superior Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mortarmaggot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Ended up at the Pilot at the 318. 106 miles from tomorrow's 2300 delivery. Atlanta has sent me a tank wash to drop the trailer, but no follow on load yet.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    You can go unload at Stepan at any time I always do. And when you go there follow the scale sign but do not park on it

4. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017

Thanks. I've been there before. I was told not to show up early, but have a temp sensitive load, so I'll call to see if it's okay to drop it early. Either way, it's all good with me right now.

I've done some decent miles this week so far and have a bit of accessory pay too.

Lonesome and scythe08 Thank this.
  5. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Did you hook up hit Lines I didn’t last week and had to get a steam at the tank wash

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Not on this one. Temp was 170before I went down for the night. Must deliver at a minimum of 140. It's not going to lose 30 degrees in 24 hours.

7. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Temp of load is 165, so no worries there. Just got my next travel order messaged to me. Headed to Aliquppa PA. Hope I spelled that right.

Will deliver on Monday at 0800.

Which terminal do I fall under over there? I know it'll be on the order when I pick it up.

8. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Karns City

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Haven't been there yet. They'll be loading me south since I have a return to Wilmington on Thursday. So far, it's been a good first time into the system. A few small hicups, but overall, no complaints. I'm sure I'll have my lousy trips. Knocking on wood now so the rest of my trip goes well.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    After a bit of head scratching, I called the gals in Atlanta. I tank wash at 0100 and don't pick up a tank or load until 0300 the following morning. They sent me a new pick up trailer message.

Looks like I'm bobtailing over to the Cracker Barrel and doing another layover tonight.

BTW Lagging, it's a preload. I forgot they send it this way so we get the extra 20 for loading.

Too easy. Being new sucks, but I learn multiple things every day. Thanks for the help and thanks to my mentor who told me to call.

scythe08 and lagging Thank this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    So you guys drop your trailer after every load and have emptied at most tank washes?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.