My Superior Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mortarmaggot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I never use GPS. Look at the satellite view on Google maps and you can get a feel for it. You turn under the overpass to get to it.

oldtrucker66 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    My first 'run' here, I went to Yonkers and ended up staying the night in Keasbey! TOTAL SH***OLE! haha I was brave enough to take a shower there too. Even though I've been there a few times, since, I always drop, hook and bust tail OUT! haha

PostmanMJC and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  4. PostmanMJC

PostmanMJC Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Dirty Jersey
    Great info! Just finished a read all the way through. Thanks!

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    You're welcome. I'm still enjoying the ride. Had a fairly easy month in July, but will be back out in the system getting after it next week.

Lonesome, yankatank and PostmanMJC Thank this.
  6. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I'm on my way up to Oshkosh. This USED to be an easy run....until they ##**ed up 94 and turned it into a 2 lane road up to Milwaukee! grrrrrr. Lost an hour of 'layover pay' and there's a new war game I really wanted to play on Vassal, I'm learning! haha

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Turn that hour in as traffic delay

Lonesome and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    HUH?! how do you figure that? Just curious...asking for a friend! haha

9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    My first year they sent me into Plaquemine right before a big evacuation of New Orleans for a hurricane. It was the next one after Katrina. Scott told me if I got caught up in it to put down traffic delay on the sheet I turn in for hours and they would pay me for it.

Any time I get stuck in a back up longer than 15 minutes I write down the time I wasted sitting and they pay me for it. I am honest about it but most loads it adds up to at least an hour. Had I lost layover I definitely would have turned that in.

Mortarmaggot and Need4Speed Thank this.
  10. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I got stuck by the Atlanta airport watching aircraft land for a couple of hours. I turned that in and got paid for it.

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    what 'sheet' are you guys talking about? I've never seen one like that. UNLESS you're talking about filling it out as 'options' and typing out what it is on q/c? Word of advice....don't use the Petro in Remington, IN. My abs power cord went bad....dude pulled that off, and replaced it...BUT, didn't 'lock it in'....guess I'll have to unplug/replug everytime I take break until I get back to HP. I'm trying to stay out and no matter what, it's just NOT working at all for me this year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.