My trainer decided to take his home time

Discussion in 'PAM' started by Sea0fgreen, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    And I have some questions: Where are you? How far is it from your home? Have you talked to your trainer in the interim? Why did you wait five days? Do you have enough money for food and supplies? Did you agree to wait for your trainer in his truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reptij

reptij Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    This is a big capital B.S. ! No way someone is that slow that they would sit in a truck for 5 days while their trainer left them there and not call anyone from the company about it. Then instead of doing that they post on some internet web forum about it. Ridiculous!

4. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Another Hot Dog Story! 5 days in a Trainers Truck, Not Likely.

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    To start with, anyone that thinks they can leave a truck at a Walmart for 5 days is a moron. I'm surprised a tow truck hasn't been there yet.

Second, only a moron would leave anyone including a dog in their truck for 5 days.

This sounds like one of these goofy drivers are that in it for the money.

I pity the guys wife if he has one. He definately lacks compassion.

I would definately call the company and complain. Totally uncalled for.

6. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    I know there is difinitly some lousy trainers but real hard to believe 5 days for real.
    Tell us the exact truth and no stretching it into white lies.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  7. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    I REALLY call BS on this one. When I was with my trainer, he had to go home to do his taxes. He was home for five days. We went 50/50 for a hotel room for me while he went home to take care of business. And on the fifth day, I was invited to his house to meet his family. No right-thinking trainer with any company would EVER leave a student in a truck by themselves for that amount of time.

To the OP: If you really have been stuck there for five days....send me your truck number in a private message.

THBatMan8 and Injun Thank this.
  8. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Ok here are the details. We were delevering a load to tenn and my trainer gets some calls on his phone from his mom. She says she cant feel her leg and he then aranges over the phone to have her taken to the er.

Then he tells me that he is gonna swing through and see her. I respect that. If it was my family id do the same. So we get here to the closest pilot at about 11 pm. Its the only truck stop around and shockingly its packed. Zero parking.

So he says he is gonna take the truck to the walmart. He says its where he always parks when he comes home. And the plan is im to chill here while he sorts his situation out.

The next day he calls me and tells me that it wasnt a stroke like he was thinkin that she just broke a bone in her foot. He might have to be here a bit longer and is going to arrange for me another ride.

So that mollifies me for the first 3 days. Yesterday i call the company (pam) and get a weekend dispatcher and he says there isn't anything about me getting another ride in thr file on this truck. That he is gonna monitor the situation.

Well last night i left my trainer a voicemail telling him that the truck is at an 8th of a tank. That gets him to call me back and he says to take it to the pilot and get emergency fuel. At this time i ask him what the score is on my ride and he tells me that the company doesnt have anyone around here so no luck on that. But he says were leaving out in the am. So this morning he never shows and dispatch starts sending messages asking when are we gonna roll. So i tell her the situation and apparently he never tried to get me another ride. She said she was gonna get me another trainer. So here i am. Been here since midnight of the 19/20th. I waited so long cause of this guys moms health trouble. But now it just seems like he used that as an excuse to take his home time and leave me watching after the ###### truck.

Sorry about the format and whatnot. Doin this on my phone lol and its a pain to go back and read over all of this.

9. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
  10. CallMeArty

CallMeArty HaMMeRED DoWN

Apr 6, 2010
    TEXAS
    You guys who go through this stuff must be brain dead...

11. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Yea im pretty sure this guy has done alot of thing a honest trainer wouldn't have. He has had me sleeping in the top bunk while the ruck is rolling, he had me take it over to the pilot without him and the back again when there was still no parking over there.

But what really ergs me is that while i was at the pilot getting fuel he told me i should get a shower. This place was packed with no parking at all. He is telling me to leave the truck at the pump and go in and wait around for a shower to open. Theres a truck pulled through in front of me and one behind me. This place was packed.

He could have at least offered me a shower at his house and let me do my laundry for free.

But oh well. Hopefully im gonna be outta here soon. Any one who doesn't beleave me and happens to be in atlanta come hit me up at the walmart off anvilblock road lol.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.