My truck was stolen over the weekend

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TEN4DISPATCH, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TEN4DISPATCH

TEN4DISPATCH Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2007
    BALTIMORE MD
    On sunday morning i parked my truck at the shopping center where am allowed to. The lot was full of other trucks from various companies. I have been parking at this location for about 1 year.Truck was locked and the trailer secured. Well, today i went to check on the truck and what do i see, nothing! I thought it had been towed so called the towing comany that has the contract and they say no, they dont tow semis. I called the cops and filed a police report. The truck was mine but the trailer belongs to the company am leased onto. Insuarance is via the company. The trailer was loaded with 45k lbs of pickles destined for publix. Am hoping they recover the truck as i had alot invested in it.

1) How will this play out with the insuarnce etc.
    2) Any advice on how to proceed from here will be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wildcat74

Wildcat74 Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    A description on the truck might be helpful for people to keep their eyes out but beyond that I've got no ideas for you. I hope this all turns out alright, can't imagine how much it must suck right now.

4. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    list it on ooida's site. they have a spot for lost equipment on their web site ooida.com

thieve don't take off the holidays. did you use an air cuff lock on your truck or a steering lock?

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    see a lot more of this these days. Easier to steal a truck parked for the weekend, than do an armed heist.
    the product is untraceable, has no short term expiration date, so it's easily fenced.
    They'll probably find your rig in a week or two, abandoned at some shopping center or empty lot.
    trouble is, it may be 4 states away.
    Your insurance should cover everything, depending on who you're leased to.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Depends on the insurance, but it may not cover your personal stuff in the trk.

That needs to be filed under your home owners or renters insurance if you have any.

Any case good luck in getting your trk and trl. back.

7. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    That sucks.What kind of truck?I`ll keep an eye out for it.You might be able to post it in the "stolen" section of the truckpaper.

8. SpankingGT

SpankingGT Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Chances are they will find your truck and trailer but most likely your load will be ruined. Had a O/O (when I had few trailers) who's trucks was stolen while under a load. They couldn't sell the load, so they left the trailer in one place and truck in another.

Your insurance Co. should cover it all. Get the police report, forward it to -the co. you are leased onto/ the broker or shipper your co. got the load from/ and to your ins. co.

AND THEN - try to relax and STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

Theres not much you can do. Its out of your hands, so let the powers be work it for you.

9. Yup

Yup Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Everywhere,USA(Texas)
    When it all shakes out you will be SOL! what little reimbursement you get will be far from covering whats actually owed towards total debt.(including personal valuables)
    Ive been thru this 4 times and neither has netted anything positive outside of recovering 2 of the 4 stolen.

That one poster (above)hasn't a freakin clue and his commentary is less then worthless;
    Which! coincidentally is par for "his" coarse here on TRR

Best of Luck with it all,

10. SpankingGT

SpankingGT Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    And you are referring to who?

11. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    mmmmm pickels......

American Trucker

dixiedeadlight Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.