My Werner experience so far.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by slatherd, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slatherd

slatherd Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Feb 11th. Leave Detroit area (my wife drove me) 9 pm. Arrive Holiday Inn Springfield, Oh. Check in. Pay the extra $$ for a single room. 20 bucks. N big deal.

5:30 am. get up. 6:30. get on the shuttle to Werner terminal Springfield, OH. Hurry up and wait. Get in line, get employee ID number. get to "breakfast" consists of coffee and danish. fill out application and other paperwork. see the Dr., get drug tested and get new DOT cert. 12 noon. Lunch. 4 bucks paid for from Werner. Go down, get sandwich and a pop off the roach coach. not too bad for free. 1 pm. go back up. contiune paperwork, sit through lecture about insurance, paid time off, what depts to contact for what the need is. Do this till 5 pm. Go to CBT room. (computer based training) take timed tests for hazmat, sexual hasassment, quarterly saftey meetings, stuff like that.

6:30 pm leave terminal. go back to hotel. the hotel is actually pretty nice. the pool is nice, the rooms are clean too.

Feb 12 th. Same drill in the morning till we get to the terminal. 7 a. begin learning the qualcom paperless log. get photos for ID, more lecture on company policy. 3 pm. get Student development Mgr. (helps with questions about the company, helps with training) take Qualcom test. wait for ID cards. Slow to come. they were supposed to come from Nebraska, but the weather slows it down. We get id's at 5 pm. Same drill at the hotel.

Feb 13th. go to morning meeting at the hotel. listen to announcments sign in to get paid.

Feb 14-Current. still waiting for trainer. I am on the list, but I requested a non-smoking trainer. I knew this would put me behind.

So far, no major complaints. Sure, there is a lot of hurry up and wait. But all in all the experience hasent been bad. a lot of the complaints I have heard so far is from whinning crybabies.

Sure I havent been in a truck yet. but all of the guys that went with werner before me in my CDL class dont have any complaints either. Sure, its not all perfect but it seems a lot of it is just people making a mountian out of a mole hill.

I'll post an update after my training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iamkaren123

iamkaren123 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Chattanooga, Tennessee

So did you have your training yet? Waiting to hear if you are still with Werner?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.