Mytee brand straps?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by SixShooterTransport, Mar 31, 2018.

1. SixShooterTransport

SixShooterTransport Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Hey guys, I’m getting ready to order some new straps and was wondering if anyone has used the Mytee brand High Abrasion Orange winch straps. They’re about $5 less expensive per strap than the Kinedyne Rhino straps, so if they’re ok to work with it would save me $100 on 20 straps just to not have the brand name. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Have never used them. I've always used the Kindyne straps due to their fairly well proven track record. I like to have faith in my equipment when trying to keep 49,000lbs on the deck.

SixShooterTransport Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Personally i dislike those "high abrasion" straps. They are to stiff to work with. Especially in winter. And they rub through the same as a regular strap.

5. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I have a ton of Mytee straps, just the normal yellow ones though. They work just as well as any Kinedyne I’ve ever used. I can’t say I’m particularly impressed with their tarps or binders though.

Michael H and SixShooterTransport Thank this.
  6. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    The d-rings on their tarps are not stainless and corrode quickly. The tarps tear very easily. You get what you pay for.

I agree on not wasting money on the “super straps.” I’ve come to the conclusion straps are consumables. With that in mind, their straps are fine by me

SixShooterTransport Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.