N14 CelectPlus Engine Wiring Harness 3411481

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Smellfunny, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Heavy Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Have a n-14 wire harness to install on a truck and the new harness (3411481) has a fuse with a wire connector right at the connector for the C plug. I tested it out and it appears to be a ground. Is this correct and does it attach to one of the ECM mounting bolts or is there somewhere else that I should ground it to?

2. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes correct. It does attach to one of the ecm bolts. It is to protect the ecm from other components using the ecm as a ground, like when the main ground cables start to get bad. 10 amp fuse I think.

3. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    I was about to PM you Heavyd. : ) Thanks.

This is the first harness I have replaced that is like this one and I was 99% sure that is how it was but wanted to make it 100%. I have a bad feeling these guys that own the truck have burned out the ECM that they put on before they brought the truck to me. I tested the harness (the old one) after they towed it to me and it was bad so I am installing a new one. They said there was no fire to the fuel solenoid and they had ran a hot wire to it before they brought it to me.

I installed a new solenoid and the harness is on and connected (other than the battery cables/connections) for testing Monday morning. I wanted to have a fresh start Monday instead of a rush to finish Friday.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Those ECMs are pretty tough! It takes a lot to fry them.

5. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Well no power to fuel solenoid. I unhooked everything and rechecked power and grounds and everything tested good. The owner is Supposed to be checking with salvage yard he got ECM from about another one. I don't have a Celect plus test box at the moment.

• Draft saved Draft deleted