Napa Transportation vs Total Transportation

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by truckerdez, Mar 17, 2018.

1. truckerdez

truckerdez Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I only have three years experience and I dont know much about Napa transportation out of mechanicsburg,PA but they are offering .43cpm with weekly hometime (running southeast PA to FL) or my old company Total transportation is offering .44cpm home about every two weeks (otr). Napa has a couple of perks but I'm hearing they dont have the miles and suggestions or experiences?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    napa would be my choice out of the two.My buddy worked at napa and told them flat out if I don't get home on friday I take monday off lol and dang if he didn't.

truckerdez Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    NAPA Transportation:
    EPICVue Premium In-Vehicle Satellite TV - no charge to the drivers
    EpicVue—where innovation and technology meet to deliver the industry's first and only premium in-vehicle satellite TV, packaged exclusively for fleets. With full access to premium entertainment like NFL Sunday Ticket, HBO, Showtime and 100+ other channels, fleet drivers can experience TV like never before.
    • APU
    • Auto/Manual
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What's the $.55 cpm on the website?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    truckerdez Thanks this.
  5. truckerdez

truckerdez Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I'm not sure maybe its based on experience..they only offered me .43 but I heard some complaints about miles ..I was just wondering which company would be best

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know; haven't read too much positive about Total.
    Since I haven't worked for either, and if I was looking for a job, I'd probably take a gamble and go with NAPA.
    Estes Express and Old Dominion might have some line haul positions open. Those are cushy drop & hook/terminal to terminal jobs.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have endorsements? What about tankers? Trimac Transportation pays really well and if/when you qualify for the Elite Fleet can make well over $100K doing OTR.
    Walk- ins Welcome and encouraged:
    Apply in person Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm or call to schedule an appointment.
    The branch can be located at: 3500 New Falls Road Bristol, PA 19007

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Saia LTL Freight has immediate openings for Class A Line Haul Drivers! We offer competitive pay, great home time for drivers and one of the best benefits packages in the industry!
    COPYRIGHT © 2016 SAIA
    SAIA LTL Freight - Harrisburg, PA
    $80,000 - $90,000 a year
    Maintains a Class A CDL. Saia LTL Freight has immediate openings for Class A Drivers! Line Haul Drivers Average $80,000 to $90,000 per year!.
    [​IMG]
    Current Available Driver Positions:
    Linehaul Driver: Line Haul Drivers operate various tractor-trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances, between company terminals or yards, company facilities and customer facilities or work sites to pick up, transport, and deliver freight.

• Average $80,000 - $90,000 per Year! Home on the Weekends!
    • High Quality Health Insurance Available
    • No Sleepers - Lodging Provided when Needed

9. JLMooreKCMO

JLMooreKCMO Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Napa Good, really good people. Trucks, they buy retired JB Hunt trucks.

10. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Napa trucks are very slow.. Like, under 65. ...not sure if that's a deal breaker but would be for me

11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    A company advertising in-truck satellite TV would be a deal breaker for me. I don't go to work to sit and watch TV. Sounds like they plan on making drivers sit.

Spiderfront Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.