Narrowed down to two companies

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gonzo1300, Mar 12, 2018.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    KLLM is alright for straight OTR and hauling lots of different kinds of freight. ^^

If home time is important to you and you are open to reefers also consider FFE. I think they are more flexible with home time I think. They have line haul where you can stay out and drive or closer to home options where you can get home more regularly if it’s what you want.

They have a terminal near Daytona Beach FL.

Gonzo1300 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Since you're just starting out to get your cdl, it wouldn't worry about that hometime too much. You have to get your license and get as much experience within the first year as possible. After that first year, jobs really start to open up, the better ones that is. A year will come and go.

Gonzo1300 Thanks this.
  4. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    True it just sucks that I got to go backwards in pay from driving a Hotshot under 26,000 to start with CDL a and take two years to get to the same money I've been OTR for 12 years and small trucks but for some reason that don't mean anything because they know they can #### you out of money to start with. It's just a terrible industry that is finally going to hurt a lot of America and then a lot of things will change

5. Drivingotr4life

Drivingotr4life Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Schnieder

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.