Nashville rollover - Guess who?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Trucking in Tennessee, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    ####.
    Just as the company had dropped below 2 crashes a day average

3. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Weird anomaly. Even the worst trained company has periods where they can't get the Trucks to roll over. They'll get back on track soon. Watch. They didn't earn their reputation without a lot of effort.

mjd4277, Bean Jr., Grumppy and 3 others Thank this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    You know, this idea that Swift is the worst trained company may be true. But, I see Swifty's every night, and it's actually rather rare that I see one at the center of a mess. (Full disclosure here: I only run local, in a small area, mostly Allentown/Harrisburg/Carlisle/Scranton areas)

The worst I see around here has gotta be CRST (Crash Roll Stunt Team). They are the ones that I see in trouble, and I have to shake my head and wonder just how in the hell they did what they did.

And FedEx.. I don't see them wreck often, but when they do, they tend to take a bunch out with them.

Bud A., Brettj3876, wore out and 5 others Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    That trailer doesnt look all that well off. Rust on the left mud flap, rust on the middle of the trailer leaking out from under the doors. A fair amount of chipped paint with a rusty back end. It makes that trailer look like some one forgot to end its life in inventory after 5 years and kept it for another 15 years. Trailer looks like it was capped yet the bridge is too high.

6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    About 4 yrs ago FedEx had 2 separate wrecks in the same spot in one week. I-64 east between Cross Lanes & Institute WV. Winter time is no time to push the limit.... or the speed.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    For a minute there I thought it was going to be a Western Express truck laid over,since they are minutes away.
    But I digress,the day ain’t over yet...;)

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    So did Swift.
    Same spot,SAME DAY,different directions!

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Swift has to have the oldest trailer fleet in the industry. Lots of their equipment looks like they were salvaged from a junk yard. Rarely see any of their trailers that even look sort of new

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It's an 08 series trailer. And those were 2008 model year trailers. So yea, it's 10-11 years old.

As for the roof, it was hauling rolls of paper, so some load shifting is expected... :)
    Article states 7 rolls @ 7k lbs each, but I doubt they had 49k in the box. More likely 6.5k lbs rolls....

Here is a rather grainy not so close up pic.
    [​IMG]

Edit: It also looks like he slid down an embankment. Likely why he is facing the wrong way....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.