Nason Valve - Looking for a different, more reliable brand.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by waveform, Apr 4, 2018.

1. waveform

waveform Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2014
    California
    Hello
    I was wondering if there is anyone here who has some experience with this Nason Valve? Seems like my propane company is having to replace them too often. When this value stops working, our freightliners will not go into gear. It seems the seals on these start leaking over time. What I'm really looking for are some other (more reliable) brands. We've had to replace hundreds according to my supervisor.

Note: The function of this value is to keep the truck from moving in the event that a driver forgets to close the internals and hook the hose filler back onto the arm in the back of the truck.

Advanced Thanks
    Mike.

nason_valve.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Looks like a air pressure switch. A google search reveals quite a few manufactures that make them. Similar to OEM park brake/ service brake switches. Have you contacted Nason to see if a different model/ more robust switch is avaliable?

4. waveform

waveform Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2014
    California
    Yes, I just got an email from Nason company. They want me to send them the old part to see what's going on. So I'm going to do that. We've had to replace a ridiculous amount of these.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.