Nation’s biggest trucker enforcement blitz......

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Val_Caldera, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Weird... you are are definitely not the first person to complain about Iowa DOT, but I’ve been living and running locally here for 3 years now and haven’t had an ounce of trouble from them. Maybe it’s because
    I’m local?

TheLoadOut and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Sounds like something made up because they couldn't find anything actually wrong.

4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    If this whole deal was truly about safety then every day would be a blitz......it’s strictly for the purpose of generating revenue to keep their lazy ### employed. That said some truly do work everyday like it’s blitz week and in fairness they should.

Thing to remember is they can’t eat you and they will not take your birthday away.... it’s really no big deal

5. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    The blitz has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with money. Trucks are just a rolling ATM to them.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Only DOT cop I ever had that was a real richard was in Iowa. Walked around my truck 3 times before he pointed at my mudflap and said I didn't have any reflective tape on them. I pointed out that I didn't even have to have the flaps on there with a trailer attached and he said I was right. But seeing as how I did have them they had to have to reflective tape. Then he spent about 10 minutes going through my log book (paper then) and found a day that I didn't write the number "24" for the total number of hours. After that I made sure to tear out pages of my book every day and file them so I never had more the 8 pages when I handed it to a cop.

not4hire, TheLoadOut, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Dang, I just had to replace one of my mudflaps and now that you mention it, I forgot to put the #### tape on it. I guess I better do that tomorrow before I jinx myself.

TheLoadOut and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Well reflective tape on mudflaps is yet more unknown news to me. Good grief man.

alds, Kyle G., bzinger and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Enforcement blitz ehhhh that means the lines at the Streakin Beacon are going to be off the charts

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'm back and forth across Iowa every week for an old small omaha based carrier and never get bothered .
    One thing is certain about Iowa though ...you never know when or where you will see them .

Kyle G. and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  11. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    How quickly do they roll out from underneath a truck with a hole cut in the sleeper floor?

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.