Native Pride in Irving, NY...a great place...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by NatureGirl22, Nov 13, 2017.

1. NatureGirl22

NatureGirl22 Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    When my husband and I were running OTR, we often went to Buffalo, NY. We stopped at this truck stop just off 90 (found where 20 and 5 intersect). It is a great place.

To begin, it is incredibly clean. I have never been in it when the bathrooms or anything have so much as a scrap of paper on the floor. The staff is very vigilant about keeping the place up to snuff, and I loved it.

The diner has excellent food for reasonable prices. The selection is good, and the food comes out fresh and tasting great! The portion sizes are very reasonable, as well.

If you go into the smoking lounge, there is a television and several couches. You can kick back and relax there, and no one will disturb you. There is also a laundry facility, although I never had need to use it.

The staff are friendly and helpful. It doesn't matter if you are just staying overnight and not buying anything; they are good to everyone. Their convenience store is well-stocked, though, if you do need something. And, coffee is relatively low in price, with a good selection of brews to choose from.

I highly recommend this truck stop, It is only about 45 minutes from Buffalo. So, if you can, stop there instead of the one in Buffalo. It is better by far.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    This spot is about 10 min from my house. One key element the OP failed to mention is the low priced cigarettes. It is an Indian reservation, thus taxes do not apply. They sell many Indian brands for between $15-$30/carton, I always stock up on Seneca menthols when home or passing thru @ $24/carton. The diner is good, have a few showers for $5 or free with fuel or most purchases. The fuel is also much cheaper than surrounding areas for you O/O's.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I’d assume there’s no fuel tax on that low priced fuel tho .

5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I stayed there once in my otr days. It definitely ranks among my top three truckstops. Nice area to go for a walk too.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Is this the old 76 recent TA? On the east side of Buffalo? The one I am thinking of is off the TPike.

7. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    This is the one off the Silver Creek/Irving exit off the Thruway.

I’m thinking the one you are referring to is off Walden Ave ?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Been stopping there for years one of my favorites...

Lately (for me) the food has been kind of hit or miss which is disappointing.

For the cigar smokers the walk in humidor has a fairly decent selection and good prices.

9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I wanted to let everyone know of another great stop in New York. This is a small little place, but the food is awesome. The 104 Stop, is not a huge lot maybe holds 10-15 trucks. Does not have showers, T.V room, or such. Every table has a minimum of two full coffee pots on tables. The stop is at the intersection of Highways 104 & 370 East of the town of Walcott, N.Y

10. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    No sir, you are likely thinking of the TA in Pembroke

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Prembroke!!! *Snaps fingers that's it! That one used to be a 76 didnt it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.