Navajo Express has just abandoned this trainee in a tiny town 1500 miles from home!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JustPj, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustPj

JustPj Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Can someone please help me with this horrific and unbelievable situation? My trainer was a psycho who first threatened to dump me at the next truck stop (no accommodations) and when I demanded to be taken to a motel, she kicked me out of her truck last night at the top of a mountain pass (off I 90 in Washington) at 11:00 at night. I'm a female, the temp was 8 degrees. I called the state patrol, was told to remove all my belongings from the truck, and the patrolman drove me 18 miles down the pass to a tiny town called Cle Elum. I have very little money, and Navajo has refused to pay for my motel or GET ME BACK HOME TO DENVER!?! I'm still in shock. I need help. I spoke with their HR dept and was told they were going to put my last paycheck immediately on my Com Data card so I would have some money. Instead, the payroll department wrote out a check "and mailed it to [my] home this morning."

Are you kidding me? How could they possibly think this is proper procedure? I've spoken with law enforcement this morning and was told this is a civil matter.

Please help, any advice is welcome. If I don't have enough money, I'll be kicked out of this motel with no way to get home.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Oh this is the new low! Find a Greyhound and get on it! That is unbelievable I wish you luck, I'm sure that Navajo will be in for this one, What happened that this Psysho kicked you out? There is more to this story then the trainer being crazy.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'm sure there are 2 sides to this story.

However, with the situation you're in, call Navajo and see if you still employed. If you are, keep going up the food chain there, until you get someone to understand what happened, and get you a ride, be it Greyhound, or with another driver, back to Denver.

5. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    They stopped and let you out!!???!!

Woo good thing they weren't in the army....
    Be one of those privates getting tossed out on the side in a moving truck by sarge.

Wow they backed the trainer....amazing.

Gotta be some crazy story.

You take it out of gear going down a downgrade or somin?

JustPj Thanks this.
  6. PST

PST Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    USA
    WOW that sucks! I doubt she's still employed if they mailed her pay check to her home, I wish you the best of luck but I don't know what I can do-I have very little $ also, It's tax session.

JustPj Thanks this.
  7. TroyD

TroyD Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Wow thats insane. Would like to hear the whole story though. Wow. Hope you find a way home quickly.

JustPj and GITRDUN45 Thank this.
  8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    At one point, there was a group created for helping people get home. I think its called missing drivers network on facebook. I don't know if they can help you, but its worth a shot. That or you need to call OOIDA and see if they know of a way to help you.

Why did the trainer drop you off? And why isn't the company sending a truck through to pick you up? Did you quit?

In order for us to help you, we need honest answers on what happened.

9. Bikerboy

Bikerboy Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Canada
    Don't leave home without at least a credit card for these situations

10. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    I feel bad for what happened. No one should be just put out like that when training. I am sure there is a major disagreement between you and the trainer but poor decision on the trainer and company for putting you out and not helping you. Good luck to you in getting home.

GITRDUN45 and JustPj Thank this.
  11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Another thing I would do is insist that they put the money on your card, and they can put a stop payment on that check. You should not be without money.

luvtotruck, pattyj, JustPj and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.