Navajo

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Bumper, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When did Navajo go Woke and change their door logos?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you talking about the indian missing..??

unless you work for them....does it really matter..???

[​IMG]

well....maybe so...????

4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    It was about the same time Land ‘O Lakes removed their Native American woman from their butter packaging. I remember reading about it on TTR but I can’t put a time stamp on it. Maybe 2-3 years ago? I remember it said the blue eyed woman on the door was created in the likeness of the owners wife or daughter or something, but who knows. That could be all here-say.

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    The "Indian" girl image depicted on Navajo tractors is that of the owners daughter when the daughter was dressed up for Halloween at the ripe old age of 15.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I quit buying Land O Lakes products when they took the Indian girl off. I have two daughters that are half Indian and they were insulted when Land O Lakes removed that picture.

7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea it’s all getting a bit ridiculous. Kind of like when they went back to old Looney Toons and edited out Elmer Fudds gun.

drvrtech77, Lonesome, Bumper and 3 others Thank this.
  8. LTLTRUCKDRIVER

LTLTRUCKDRIVER Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2019
    In the early 90's it was Blue-Eyed Navajo girl on the side of Bright Orange W900L with aluminum wheels...;)

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I just now noticed it. I'm regional and don't see alot of their trucks. That's all.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    What can I say, it's the world we live in right now. Everyone has to protect their brand some kind of way I guess. I never even noticed Navajo changed their logo. I never thought that one was a big deal since its more of a tribute to someone's heritage or something.I'm somewhat in favor of some of those changes. I was glad when the Washington Commanders dropped the Redskins name. I never liked that at all and that was long before the woke era. To me that particular one always felt like a racial slur. At least Tribe Transportation has the logo of the arrowhead on their trailers. It's probably better to do that, use objects rather than actual facial images, because there are still so many proud Native Americans living here. Entities can pay homage to them without having to use an actual face

11. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Say what ????????????
    are you kidding me ???
    What did they do to Yosemite Sam ???????
    Lock him up for illegal possession of a hand gun ???
    Iam suprised the ASPCA didn't file changes against him because I seen him club a camel once
    And what about Elizabeth Warren..She claims to be part Indigenous American ... let's do away with her too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.