Navistar International Truck Sales Melrose Park, IL

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Aggressor1, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Aggressor1

Aggressor1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Run
    They buy trucks from fleets and flip them. As is. No repairs. Yes, they sell warranties hard on the junk they have. Worse than a dealer. Still selling epa junk non working law suits on them, systems on 2010 to 2013 Pro Stats that dont work. Buddy looked at a truck there with his mechanic had no brakes blown egr valve, blown turbo, no ac compressor bad no dryer, go to a dealer freightliner, Pete, ect.
    Junk trucks. Navistar is not a dealer. Manufacter flipping their crap trucks. Run.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    You’re just now figuring this out? These issues have been known for years. Why even bother looking there if they’re that problematic?

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  4. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I bought my truck from them as yes they do just flip them. They do the most cost effective maintenance on the trucks and sell them. My sales rep told me they replaced egr coolers and did dpf/doc. I got the truck and a week later I get the egr cooler code come up. He tells me then that they only do the coolers if the code pops up so I was kinda pissed from that. The truck I bought still has 2 years on factory extended warranty so it was done under warranty. I’ve hsd the truck for almost 2 months now and that was the only problem I’ve had. But yea don’t believe a word they say

5. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    You guys meen like every place that sells used trucks? Why do you think it’s only this one place?

It’s all of them that operate this way. Every state, every brand and every town across this country.

Heavyd and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. Aggressor1

Aggressor1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Eric s, Steve S? Run. Bought Hogan truck, cost $20,000 spent $25 000 ,fixing up. All Navistar did was flip truck. Thermostat, turbo, egr, altenator, tires , air conditioning, shocks brakes all work.apu, Broke needed replacing. Who screws the customer, has no ethics buys junk, makes junk,,,crooks. They put 60,000 maxforce engines out that do not work, all $7.6 billion in law suits. Run, run do nothing with Melrose park international truck in chicago the product is crap. All they want is warranty money. They all need to be in jail. Prison. They are lawless and soon to be a 12 billion company out of business.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed employee last names
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ...and I'm sure the buyer did a complete inspection on said vehicle before buying, correct?

8. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    You bought a 20k truck how could you not expect it to need maintenance? I bought my truck from Steve and the only thing I’ve done is replace the egr coolers under warranty. Everything on my truck functions properly

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.