Navistar truck sales Melrose Park, IL...run

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Aggressor1, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Aggressor1

Aggressor1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    I bought a truck there, $20k cask, tires bad, pay broke no heat 28 degrees, truck idles 3 min turns off, salesmen just like Qualty in Indy, trucks are flipped basically. If your Looking for a deal and have to spend $10000 this is the place when you drive out their attitude is we got another buyer we are not doing anything. Run. Forget internatonal navistar truck sales of Melrose park it's just a sleazy place to do business with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aggressor1

Aggressor1 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2018
    You have to spend 10k to fix the truck after you spent 20k. The prices a deal for 20KM but everything is as is bald tires a pay no heat broke, Trucks me not set at your desire. Idle time not set it you desire take it or leave it ..we got another customer if you don't want it...

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    What did you expect for $20K?
    I bought my truck for $20K, and I did put $10K into it before I took it on the road.

AModelCat and Heavyd Thank this.
  5. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    How ironic I’m about to go pick up my truck up from them today. I paid a little more though and have 2 years of factory warranty left. They just did the diamond renewal process and installed all new drives on mine although they are recaps. Did you have them do the diamond renewal process before u bought it or just bought it?

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I am guessing the OP doesn't understand the concept of "As Is, Where Is". Used vehicle sales, car and truck in the US is as close as you can get to totally free market. You don't have to buy it, he doesn't have to sell it to you. There are many other options out there. Don't complain if the sales people refuse to give you all kinds of goodies (tires, overhaul, paint, whatever) for a bargain priced vehicle.

AModelCat and Heavyd Thank this.
  7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you want full warranty, everything to be nice, clean and work like new, then you need to buy new. You paid about 12% the price of a new truck. What are you expecting?

8. Juve1985

Juve1985 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2014
    I hope you are not buying International truck with International engine?

9. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Yes i am, I picked it up Friday and my heat works fine. Motor runs fine and so far I’m happy with my purchase. I have trust in my choice of truck and seeing as how my friend who parks next to me has the same truck with the international engine and only had to replace his starter over the year he’s owned it reassures me. His truck was also diamond renewed.

Also the truck cutting off when idling isn’t necessarily a bad thing as idling is what can cause premature failure of your egr coolers. You want the engine off as much as possible

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Why did you buy a truck with bald tires? Did you even look at it before you wrote the cheque? If I was making a $20,000 investment, I'd be going over that truck with a fine tooth comb.

IH Truck Guy Thanks this.
  11. Juve1985

Juve1985 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2014
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY INTERNATIONAL TRUCK, Especially not with International engine
    I am just selling mine now after purchasing from same dealer in Melrose Park 3 1/2 years ago, I am selling mine now with 505k miles for $7800 just to get it out of my life, I believe sales guy was Dominick when I made a purchase and purchasing this truck was a biggest mastake of my life, my boss purchased 4 trucks and they all had problem after problem and finally all died within 3 1/2 years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.