Navistar truck sales Melrose Park, IL...run

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Aggressor1, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I believe 3-4 years ago they didn’t have the diamond renewal process as well as those trucks not having the Cummins after treatment system. Newer year trucks had updated systems added to them to make them more reliable. If you bought a 2013 or older I believe you are buying into a world of problems

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Juve1985

Juve1985 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2014
    I purchased mine diamond renewed and yes you r correct 2013 and older have problems, but I have a good friend that works at International dealer as a Master Mechanic and he told me cummins has a lots of problems too, my big dissapointment was just how rude every International dealer is, just to get any repair done is a nightmare, half of them don't even answer the phone. I really wish you best of luck with your truck but I can tell you and god is my witness if someone gave me International truck for free and tells me here it's your for free but you have to keep it for 5 years I swear to god I would say no thank you. Never again.
    It might work out for you and not everyone has same luck in life
    Good luck

4. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Your right I understand the risk with this engine but as a man that has seen one a international go a year without problems and also seen a brand new peterbilt with less than 1k miles in the shop cuz it’s spitting DEF out the stacks I’ll take the risk. It still has 2 years left on factory warranty and by the time it runs out I’ll delete the after treatment system as that’s really the main problem with this Maxxforce engine. My dealer rep has been real good with helping me out through this entire process and he gave me his word that if I have any problems within the first few months that are not covered under the warranty he would do his best to get it covered. He got me all new tires and allminum wheels for 1k so I trust him.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.