Navy commander demoted after hiring hookers

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One of our guys, from Oklahoma, last name of Lucky, used to pass out every night and lay on his bunk fully clothed and shoes on. We would feed him monkey meat on a stick while he was sleeping, He'd eat just as if he were awake. The next morning he'd complain about the awful taste in his mouth. We never told him what was going on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Ever since the Tailhook scandal the Navy/Marine Corps has been trying to clean itself up and go full PC

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Navy has been more open in the last few years, but with all the BS sailors are doing now-a-days, they can't help BUT publicize it before it goes viral, or get out of control on social media...

Discharged Navy Sailor Worked as Career Counselor While Running Prostitution Ring

Navy Officer Stole $2.7 Million to Feed High-stakes Poker Habit

2 USS Ronald Reagan Sailors Sentenced after Pleading Guilty to Drug Charges

Just some of the dumb stuff that has been happening since I retired (and while I was still in apparently)

5. whiskymachine

whiskymachine Bobtail Member

May 15, 2018
    Feeding him monkey meat, that's awesome.

We had some serious issues with getting resupplied, honestly I think command forgot about us. We were trading diesel and construction supplies just to have food and "clean" water.

We were paying kids to get us "jungle meat", snake, lizard, or your go to woof woof or meow meow. Fry it up with some adobo and serve it with lumpia and you have a full belly.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Normally I would pass on making a thought about a subject like this one, but I wonder. IF the situation is legal in country X other than the United States then I would ask what is the problem? I should preface this by saying I am not military, and frankly the USMCJ should have something in there about that behavior I would think.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Conduct Unbecoming an Officer and a Gentleman. Under Article 133, of the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman is an offense that subjects a service member to a court martial.
    UCMJ Article 134-38 -- Pandering and Prostitution
    and then there's:
    Adultery is a criminal offense under the UCMJ. It is defined as the situation where a service member has sexual relations with someone other than his or her spouse. The fact that you may legally separated is no defense.

mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    There is PLENTY of things that can be said about behavior in the UCMJ. Just depends on the subject and offense. A lot is "overlooked" though when you go on deployment, especially in the enlisted ranks. But since this case is an officer, as Chinatown said above, conduct unbecoming is right up there.

Not to mention the fact that if this guy is/was a tool in the minds of the enlisted folks, then it can get even worse. I used to get downright vindictive and evil if I had a tool of a division officer that didn't want to listen or learn from the enlisted people.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The most egregious behavior I saw in the Navy was a Catholic Chaplin.
    He could be found in the red light districts of any port, swigging whiskey and a couple of women on his lap.
    None of us really cared about it anyway and didn't snitch or find his behavior worthy of giving a second thought.
    Today, he would be toast and his career over. A line would form at the Captains office with complaints of being offended at what the Chaplin did on his off time, away from the ship.
    I give the guy credit; all the women I saw him with were real beauties. We used to joke about it; "Wait until the Chaplin leaves the ship and follow him; he knows the best places."

10. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    When I was over in Japan with the GW, I can say I saw some real pieces of work. I also never said anything, as it was none of my business, but I was the exception to the unwritten rule...

What's done overseas... STAYS overseas!

I never saw the need (or want) to do anything crazy while I was there. (or any place for that matter)

But I have done my fair share of self inflicted dumb sh.... stuff. :p

x1Heavy, buddyd157 and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's the worst incident I saw: Naples, Italy - New Years celebration. The custom is to throw out the old and bring in the new. People throw stuff out the windows. Some guys off the ship threw all the furniture, beds, dressers, everything, off the balcony of an upper level hotel room and it all went crashing into the street and sidewalk below. No one was injured because no one walks on the sidewalks on New Years Eve in Naples unless they're prepared to die.
    @tommymonza can attest to this.

x1Heavy and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.