NC HotShot O/O only. Can you answer my questions.

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by shaggy_sama90, Oct 28, 2018.

1. shaggy_sama90

shaggy_sama90 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Want to start my own HS company out of Nash county but it seems like no one wants to help you. I'm still working in getting my equipment, i have the 24ft gooseneck and saving to buy the dually. Im going to run under 26k what do i need to get started?? I mean from scratch. I keep trying to get info but its all very confusing. Just need a little guidance. I'm still going to run OTR for a couple of more months until i can have equipment, forms and permits ready. Don't want to start struggling when I'm already struggling if you know what i mean. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not sure, but maybe www.OOIDA.com can answer your questions.
    Here's a couple of outfits you might get loads from:
    Showroom Transport
    Star Fleet Trucking

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Flatbedcarrier has a how to guide I purchased in 2010 it cost $50 dollars. It is a step by step guide on getting your operating authority. Which will eliminate confusion on the paperwork needed.

5. shaggy_sama90

Oct 28, 2018
    I’m giving them a call for sure. Thank you I didn’t even thought about them.

6. shaggy_sama90

Oct 28, 2018
    Ima search about them see if I can find the info I need thank you very much. Seems like everyone wants to keep it a secret like there ain’t no loads for everyone anymore. Lol

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    He is on this forum. What kind of secret is this?

8. shaggy_sama90

Oct 28, 2018
    That’s what I been trying to find out. How some people get all secretive about information. I knew and I’m pretty I’ll learn I won’t hesitate to help someone. It’s just the job is. If he road drivers don’t help each other who else will.

9. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    There's probably 1000 threads on this very subject right here on this forum. Just do a search or just go through the hotshot forum & you'll find more stuff than you can read by the time you get your authority.
    Well, maybe not 1000, but its a bunch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.