NCDOT shuts I-26 to trucks until daylight.

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Dec 9, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    NCDOT: Travel Information

I-26 Shut. No trucks until daylight. End. Dot. Period.

I-26 WEST CLOSED NEAR SOUTH CAROLINA STATE LINE

I-26 West is closed at Exit 67 (US-74) near the South Carolina State Line due to multiple disabled tractor trailers. The road is expected to reopen by 7:00 AM.

Due to hazardous road conditions commercial vehicles are advised to stay off of I-26, between I-40 and the South Carolina State Line until after daylight.

Last updated: 12/9/2018 4:00 AM

WINTER WEATHER IMPACTS ROADS IN NORTH CAROLINA

Winter weather has begun to impact roads in Western North Carolina. Roads in Central North Carolina will soon become impacted as the weather system continues to move east.

For weather updates, please visit The National Weather Service.
    Visit ReadyNC for the latest on Winter Weather impacts on North Carolina.

For specific road conditions please select a Region, Route or County from the pull-down menus below, then choose the Adverse Weather tab. For a map of adverse weather-related road conditions choose any region below and check the “Show Adverse Weather” box below the map.

I-40 BUSINESS CLOSED IN WINSTON-SALEM

I-40 Business/US-421 is closed between Peters Creek Parkway (Exit 5-A) and US-52 (Exit 6-A) due to construction.
    Business 40 Traveler Information

12/8/2018 1:08:03 PM

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Related Map.

I was unable to find source map displaying a apparent seizure of NC interstate sytsem. I hate to say it the more I examine other states to extract a simple state highway map with real time pretty colors in crayola showing ice, nothing, rain, flood or closed gets excessively complicated unnecessarily.

TENNDOT MAp.jpg

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    The NWS forecast models nailed that region precisely 3 and 4 days ago with the winter Wx forecast maps ... better than they did the southwest and central US phase of this system.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Have a buddy that works out of Black Mountain. He was scheduled to go out Sunday afternoon to Alabama and I told him to go on up Sat night and get it and get on down the mountain into SC to get clear of it.
    His company had already acquired those drivers that lived a distance away, like him, a hotel room.. so he was already up there on Saturday in a room.. WAITING.
    Won't listen to ol Jammer.

He got out Tue evening.

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I hate the idea but they may be right. A heavy CMV will do far better in winter conditions than the 4-wheelers with summer tires. But "truckers" anymore are just blind torpedos. Don't need them plowing into the people that aren't used to the snow... :(

allniter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.