NE PA - What insurance company do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rolls canardly, Jan 10, 2019.

1. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Got my bill and will totally cancel with company I have been with 8 years.
    Thought all was well and renewal came in the mail today; almost stroked out.
    Went up almost 5 thousand dollars???
    Are you insane???
    Need a new company that is not a total scam/ripoff.
    Yes, I am pissed!!!

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    I’ve had Progressive since February 2018 but I haven’t gotten my renewal yet for 2019. Maybe they’re dropping me and I’m the last one to know. Or I may be in for a surprise like you were.

I paid around $15k for the year on my 2000 Mack and 2019 dry van. First year MC authority and $2500 deductible.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I'm in NEPA also. The agency I use is CIS in Bath Ohio. They got me a Progressive policy with unlimited radius, non owned equipment and $30K trailer interchange for just over $13K my first year.

FYI, your ZIP code has a big effect on your rate.

5. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    I’m nepa. Owner operator for 2 years. My insurance went down 700 dollars from last year for some reason. Just renewed and paid in full as always and nothing changed in my policy. I’m with progressive. I do have an insurance agent through my moms real estate company though. So I don’t deal with nonsense

6. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I am in southeast PA.

When I called for insurance I bet I made at least 25 phone calls. 100% all calls led back to Progressive.

I think there was one other company that I could go with but Progressive was cheaper. And for me that's a driver with a clean MVR that has had a CDL since the beginning of CDL.

It's unbelievable but Progressive must do like 99.9% of all the business in the state.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    The underwriting with Progressive is hard to figure out. I've been with them for 3 years now.

Nobody comes close to their rates for me.

Yet, I read guys stories here about high premiums with them, or not being able to get underwriting at all.

It's obvious zip code has a LOT to do with it.

8. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    When I was calling around for insurance companies One agent told me they just signed somebody that lived within the city of Philadelphia.

$26,000

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I believe it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.