Need a Cigarette Lighter Splitter

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by jinks, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jinks

jinks Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    That is the only thing I know to call what I am thinking of. I need a recommendation for an adapter/splitter that I can plug in a laptop, GPS and cooler into. So, I guess it needs to be a 3 Way. I will be renting a Penske truck and need to plug in that stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    That's what it is. Just a matter of going and buying one.

4. jinks

jinks Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    I was looking for one at Amazon and the reviews were mixed so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone used one and had any preferences. Where would I buy one without having to get one off the net?

5. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    Any truckstop would have an assorment of em or wally world or any place like that

6. jinks

jinks Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    OK, thank. It's not something I've ever looked for because I never had the need for one until now.

7. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    I just saw one of those at Wally World just yesterday. I've actually seen them at at least 2 different locations...they are on one of those displays in the middle of the aisle near the rear of the store, they have mini binoculars, charging stations and other such things, maybe a Christmas display or something.

jinks Thanks this.
  8. jinks

jinks Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    I got one at Wallyworld yesterday. It was in sporting goods. I would never have found it there if some had not told me where it was before I went looking for it. I need to remember to try it out before I get ready to hit the road.

9. baD mR fRosTy

baD mR fRosTy Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Halifax, NS
    You might want to pick up some extra fuses as well...all 3 of those items are fairly high draws, best total up your amps...most laptops draw a LOT of amps at 12 volts! (As do inverters)
    Is there really only the one socket? Most new cars/trucks have a cig lighter AND an accessory plug.

10. baD mR fRosTy

baD mR fRosTy Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Halifax, NS
    ...and a fire extinguisher maybe...

11. jinks

jinks Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.