Need a leg up. Oil temp sensor 2013 maxxforce

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by q258, Mar 18, 2019.

1. q258

q258 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2018
    IMAG1232.jpg

Having a hell of a time finding this part (oil temp sensor). International says it doesn't show on any micro fiche, it has no part number on it, and the part they do cross reference it to is identical EXCEPT for the thread. Thread on this one is 14mm x 1.5 but twice now the wrong part has been ordered in. Identical except the thread which is too large.

Does anyone recognize this and know the correct part number for it??? Tractor VIN is: 3hsdjsjrodn166093

Thx!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
  4. q258

q258 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Still no luck... No one at our Local International dealer/repair has any clue about this part or what exactly it's providing oil temp data to. Oil heaters maybe... It plugs into the side of the oil pan...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Reason for edit: adding info
  5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I get this part number, 3527342C2. This sensor is used for your auto start/stop option which is controlled by the body controller to start the engine once it gets below a certain oil temp.

kubasj05, cprems and q258 Thank this.
  6. q258

q258 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Thank you so much. Dude, I wish I knew who you were and what shop you worked outta. I would drive my truck clear across the country to have you work on it. EVERY SINGLE TIME I ask a question on here you are SPOT ON. I don't know if you are that rare genius or the entire International organization is full of idiots but there have been no less than a dozen people at International (including corporate) trying to identify and locate this part for 12 days now. That's right, I have been down for 12 days over this stupid little sensor and had the wrong part shipped in 3 different times.

Anyway, I can't thank you enough - you are valuable beyond words.

soultrader, kubasj05 and Heavyd Thank this.
  7. cprems

cprems Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2018
    @Heavyd is good people. I believe he works in Canada. He's absolutely invaluable. He's helped us out a bunch and I really appreciate everything he does on here.

soultrader and Heavyd Thank this.
  8. Ron Crawford

Ron Crawford Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2021
    Where is it located on the engine

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.