Need a Shot Hauling cars Please

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DAFT911, Mar 29, 2017.

1. DAFT911

DAFT911 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Walnut, California
    Good morning fellow truckers and business owners!

My name is Peter J. Dominguez III. I am 33 years old, have 7 months experience driving OTR for ITS Logistics. I had regular runs to Twin Falls, Idaho, all of Montanta as far north as Kalispell, Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington, all of Nevada with 3 times a week over Donner Pass on I80, all of Arizona and all of California. I've driven in floods during the rain, snow, sleet, ice, white out conditions and ive chained up over 30 times in my 7 months of hauling. I dont have a lot of "time" in experience at 7 months, but I can tell you that in that 7 months I drove in #### near every weather condition short of a hurricane and a tornado. My experience is with 10 speeds (Peterbuilts, Volvos, Freightliners, WesternStars & Internationals)...ITS is a slip seat company so I ALWAYS had a different tractor which sucked big time however, it did give me a lot of experience driving different rigs. As for a 13 speed, never driven it however, Ive sat in one and watched a few video tutorials on how to drive a 13 speed and seems like their is nothing to it after I learn the red button.

Im not afraid to work, I have no kids nor a wife so I have nothing but TIME to work. It's my dream to haul cars and Im just looking for my shot at it.

Any owners that are willing to hire me please give me a call on my cell at (909) 660-0374. I learn quickly, I can think on my feet and I work efficiently. Just not happy with my current company because they dont have enough work for someone like myself and their attitude towards their drivers is way below par.

I have NO accidents, NO tickets, NO log violations whatsoever. So i am ready to work!

Thank you for reading and PLEASE, no replies from people whos advice is to work for some big company for more experience. I am fully aware that most car haulers are looking for 2+ years experience so I dont need to be reminded of this nor do I need to be reminded how to get more experience. This thread is solely to get in contact with someone who is willing to hire me given my current qualifications. Thank you.

P.S. Im currently housed in Southern California however, I am more than willing to relocate if necessary.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheRipper

TheRipper Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Firstly, I'm not a oo, but I drive for one. Not pulling cars either.

The only reason I'm writing this is to say that although an oo may want to hire you with your current quals; in this day and age, insurance companies do the hiring. A lot of the megas, if not all, are self-insured so they can take on new drivers. Sadly, most small companies insurance needs to see a year or two of experience.

IMHO

Terry270 and V c2c Thank this.
  4. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Unfortunately I have to agree. However, you might find a smaller company that is willing to pay the extra premium if they believe on you enough.

Either way, it can't hurt to ask.. but like that say, "keep your day job" in the meantime...

Good luck..! I hope it works out for you..!

V c2c Thanks this.
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I agree that most carhaul companies require experience, but not always. It all depends on whether or not they can find experienced drivers who want to haul cars that can hack it. It is a long way from California, but Jack Cooper is hiring 6-10 in Louisville Ky at the Ky Truck Plant. 2 of the best carhaulers I know never drove a rig before they started at Allied. You never know until you try.

HaulinCars Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.