Need a TV Recommendation for 2019 Pete 379 w/ block mount?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TruckerKopi, Jan 29, 2019.

1. TruckerKopi

TruckerKopi Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2019
    My company just put me into a 2019 Pete 579. It has a block style tv mount. What I am looking for is brand recommendations for a 32” television with all of the ports on the side or bottom of the tv. My current tv has all the ports including power on the back. The bracket doesn’t allow that to be feasible. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    TCL Roku TV's. 32"
    All connectivity is on the sides, not the back.
    Cool smart menus with all of the apps built in (Roku, Prime Video, YouTube, Pandora, etc)
    Very good picture and great pricing. Use Da Googles to find them.

2017 Model is $150 bucks. 720p and 60 Hz.
    2018 model is $170 bucks. 1080p and 120 hz (this is the one you want for 20 bucks more)

4. TruckerKopi

Jan 29, 2019
    Thanks! I pretty much live out here and when I am home I just don’t feel like farting around looking! Family time is way more important. Solid advice! Definitely going for the 1080 model.

5. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    I installed a couple here at my shop and I also used one in a vacation rental house that I stayed in last summer. I was impressed (and I am a techie guy who is not easily impressed by shiny objects.) And they are very lightweight. I connected it wirelessly to my cell phone hotspot and fired up Netflix in like 10 seconds.

Doubles as a great gaming monitor too if you have a laptop or console.

6. TruckerKopi

Jan 29, 2019
    Yeah. I have an Xbox one on the truck. I run a Minecraft server with my kids. Helps a lot with the never home thing. I am also a techie, so we shall see how it goes. Lol.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You can also plug a USB stick on the side and have pause, fast forward, rewind with live TV. Up to 90 minutes.

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Almost all of the smaller TVs are garbage screen quality. I ended up going with a monitor that has speakers.

9. TruckerKopi

Jan 29, 2019

So apparently the manufacturer recommended screw for mounting is hard to find? Or I am super out of it. What screws do I need to mount this tv? On hometime and have time for the install. Just need to get the screws from Home Depot.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    M4 machine screws.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.