need advice now

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chickenwingchuck, Jun 17, 2019.

1. chickenwingchuck

chickenwingchuck Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2019
    Last year around this time I change company looking for liberty and cold cash going in with a nice saving . I was exited and drove this truck all over making great money life was good and all that I was paying was a $900.00 fee each week for 9 weeks. it was last year freight payed good I was happy. Then the owner pushed convince me that it was good to own So I bought and keep driving . But Right then had no clue about this business and business was slowing down working all winter spending my saving .At that point a new hired dispatcher with no experience was taking over and learning from is mistake on my expanse had no choice but to keep going thinking that the owner would correct my complaint and resolve my pain . I keep going and had no choice but to break the rules and drive more and rush to make ends meet. My wife was supportive and was alone most of the time made things harder on me. CUT THIS STORY SHORT BY now I have 14000 payed off bought new tires , clutch , power differential , and so much more hate up all my saving the truck had some mechanical issue was down for 3 weeks working small job to fix this . I Had enouph with this company I lost my temper might of say a things that was not pleasant and whent in but nothing again was done and I was back at it .So drove two weeks done good loads and my pay was taken starting with$4000 brokedown fee for rents and the owner took it upon himself to take my two weeks for other fees that just happen to put me under $2300 negative. knowing that I am at is mercy now I --pay or he takes ._--

THE QUESTION IS 1 do I take a loan for $14,000 to pay and keep the truck register insure and keep driving?

Question 2 or let it go cut free take a lost take all my things out and give her back and smile.?
    I am truly hurt and feel so dumb that there is nothing I can do about it and allow someone to do this is difficult and I sure could use your advice before tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Cut your losses. Get out now.

Bumper, mjd4277, dwells40 and 5 others Thank this.
  4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Walk away, learn the hard lesson and don’t ever do it again

Bumper and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Agreed

mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Cut Bait and get out.

I wish maybe there is some kind of sticky that can help those avoid the siren call of the maidens that attracted most of the ship board crew leading them to abandon Homer during his Odessy.

The lure of 1099 and being owner operator etc. Is not worth it within the framework ofLease purchasing. And yes I bought a tractor which was a really sweet one back in the 90's but due to reasons beyond the scope view of this topic.. let's just say that the Lord knows best.

900 weekly net is not that bad. Here in the South it only takes about a thousand and then gas, electric and insurance etc. Hopefully your vehicles are paid off and your house will be soon. Then you can really start stacking that money.

7. chickenwingchuck

chickenwingchuck Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2019
    I am happy you have confirm my intuition . Its so hard to take such a lost in cash time and hard work. I was so confuse and hangry at myself so I look for someone to blame and crush that is responsible . As they watch me drown for quite sometime I resently confronted them all of them and shook up the company with some fear .But I tackle the wrong little tiny great looking fox . sure is ferocious . . then going back for two more full weeks of driving and gone with the wind they swallow my check. I am thinking of horrible things . but they got me by the balls and cutting them for a trophy. grrrr. as one say to me stay quiet and peaceful and get out of this will give me freedom.
    THANK YOU EVERY ONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WISE ADVICE.
    chris

jbird05031126 and dwells40 Thank this.
  8. k008

k008 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    What is the name of the company?

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. Ljr

Ljr Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2019
    It's all in the fuel,you go in the hole because of fuel cost that don't exist,they get you running the freight for free and make a killing,also if your getting paid percentage the take out broker fees and other fees before they give you a percentage of anything.49 CFR 376.12 says they have to show you the original rate sheet for each load,not the companies rate sheet,the original rate sheet will have the total rate,that's what you get a percentage of,you will see it's at least %50 off,will explain the fuel scan under BAD TRUCKING CO under Ljr later today or tomorrow

chickenwingchuck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.