Need current info on May Trucking in Pensacola

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by HarrySam, Aug 10, 2015.

1. HarrySam

HarrySam Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Are there any current May drivers out there that could give some realistic information about the company? I'm looking for things like average miles per week, home time, types of trucks they have and their condition. Basically what can a new hire expect from them. I have experience but haven't been driving for several years so I'm pretty much starting from the beginning. Do they have manuals or automatics, APUs, inverters. Anything and everything that you could pass on would be appreciated.,
    :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Shop around:
    Evergreen Transport
    Freymiller
    Transport America

CTL Transportation has their own school in Florida if you want hazmat/tankers. Once qualified you can switch to Trimac Transportation(terminal in Pensacola) or SVTN(terminal in Saraland(

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I talk to a guy I know who is dispatched out of Pensacola once every couple of weeks. Has been there for 5 years. Drives a new Freightliner. Plenty of miles. Stays out 3 to 4 weeks at a tine. May has autos and 13 speeds. Inverters on all trucks. No apu's though.

T_Bone Thanks this.
  5. HarrySam

HarrySam Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I'm moving to Foley, Al in a few months so I'm looking for something in that area. Any other companies that you could recommend would be appreciated. Looking for OTR and have driven Reefers in the past. Could also do regional if I can get the miles. I'm 66 now and getting back in to the truck so although $ is important so are the comforts available. Got to treat myself nice while I'm out there! Any input from Forum members would sure be appreciated.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It would be hard to make a recommendation without knowing the following:

How much money do you want to make, and how often would you like to be home, and would you be willing to relocate for the right money?

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you check the companies listed in post #2..?
    Evergreen Transport runs Southeast regional and Texas.
    Maybe Benny Whitehead Trucking in Eufaula, AL; they run west coast turns.
    KLLM has refresher course and runs most states.
    Earl Henderson Trucking has nice trucks; the new ones arriving have refrigerator/APU/seats that heat & cool/and other amenities. Coast to coast reefers. Company has a good reputation.
    Freymiller also has a good reputation.

Ooops Thanks this.
  8. HarrySam

HarrySam Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2015
    I would like to be home every couple of weeks but could handle three or four weeks out if it gave me good miles. I'd like to be making somewhere around $800 to $1000 a week after I got going again. Does that sound reasonable?

9. HarrySam

HarrySam Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Thanks - I'm looking into all of them. If you think of any more please let me know

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one more; Wiley Sanders Trucking. Runs dry van and dry bulk tankers 48 states.

kiwi23 Thanks this.
  11. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    Why do you not recommend May? Yet you recommend all the other garbage companies. Most have negative feedback than May does on here. Not sticking up for May but dam guy, the op asked about Mays pensacola terminal and you give him/her more crap companies to check. They are all crap companies in my opinion. Do you not have info about May? Maybe you got kicked to the curb when you worked at May before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.