Need help with leakage

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Newbieboy, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Newbieboy

Newbieboy Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2019
    78B628D4-44D6-41A1-B1C8-F7ADECEE1DDA.jpeg Can anyone tell me please what part is this. My oil is leaking whenever i park i find 4-5 drops there. It’s leaking from golden and black part.how serious this leakage is?

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    What kind of engine might help. No telling where it’s originating from. Running down the road puts it everywhere. Wash it good, watch it good. It could be from anywhere.

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. Newbieboy

Apr 3, 2019
  5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I don’t know if it has a rear engine cover like my 12.7 does, but that’s what it looks like to me. Because I see it coming out around starter. If so the trans, clutch and flywheel needs to come out. Best tolerate it till clutch job is needed. Do it all including rear main at once. That’s what I’m doing anyway,been leaking for years. Now finally getting fixed within next week or so, as clutch is shot.

6. Newbieboy

Apr 3, 2019
    How much you spending on it? ANd how much you were loosing oil?

7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Parts- clutch, Instillation kit=1000 anerobic sealer, rear main seal=$120. Labor? Don’t know yet. Normally I believe $1200. Maybe. If Taken to dealer af least $4000, parts and labor. I’m guessing. Good time to change motor mounts if needed also.Mine leaks mainly when Trucks is first shut off. A good 4” puddle. Otherwise while running small drips. Check inside inspection cover on bottom of trans. Look inside for saturated clutch. If so, rear mains probably leaking. The rear cover can also leak into clutch and outside, onto block, and all over oil pan. Especially along the rear of Pan. Look for leaks on each side of block,where it meets the cover or inner bell housing, whatever you want to call it. The starter mounts to it. Oil will leak more around starter, maybe.

Newbieboy Thanks this.
  8. me myself and I

me myself and I Heavy Load Member

Oct 5, 2009
    vernon hills,Il
    Thats leaking compressor and/or fuel pump. Needs to be removed and o rings replaced. Very common. What's golden and black parts? Are you refering to engine and oil pan?

9. Newbieboy

Apr 3, 2019
    I think it’s leaking from engine and oil pan/ main housing.

10. Newbieboy

Apr 3, 2019
    Freightliner thinks it’s broken oil pan or broken seal or gasket. I don’t think it’s gasket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.