need help

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by jbrown, Nov 16, 2007.

1. jbrown

jbrown Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2007
    cullman,al
    i have two companies that will hire me now wiley sanders and southern cal transport and i would love the input from yall wheter these companies are good or bad

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I did some research on Southern Cal and IMO they are a low paying company. Their mileage, layover pay, holiday, and Vacation pay is below average.

On the plus side (maybe) they stay mostly south of I-40 and their equipment looks pretty good (2 to 3 year old trucks).

I can also tell you that their trucks always seem to be in a big hurry. Don't know if they need to be but in my trips across I-10 I thought they were trying to outrun a nuclear explosion or something. :biggrin_255:

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    They also have a borderline safety record
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]72.84 38.26 Insuf. Data [​IMG] Specific SafeStat information has been temporarily removed, click here for details. SafeStat calculates a SafeStat score to rank carriers in descending order by their safety status (i.e. a carrier with the highest SafeStat score is the first ranked carrier in terms of poor safety status). SafeStat does not assign SafeStat scores to all carriers. To obtain a SafeStat Score, a carrier must be deficient in at least two different Safety Evaluation Areas (SEAs). SEA values range from 0 (best) to 100 (worst). A SEA with a value from 75 to 100 is defined as deficient (highlighted in BOLD type). SEA Values that are less than 75 are not used in the calculation of a SafeStat Score.

[​IMG]

5. wolfpack396

wolfpack396 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2007
    four oaks nc
    be ready if you go with wiley you will drive junk. all there trucks have seen there better days :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.