Need my car moved, whats fair? Ft Worth to Phoenix

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Joeziah, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I have a car sitting at an auction in Lake Worth, TX (North West, TX) and I need it delivered to a Diesel service shop in Phoenix, AZ.

Its a 2008 4 door Impala. Runs and drives.

I figured if it was inexpensive enough to move it on a bigger car carrier I would just do that instead of spending $ on a plane ticket and Uber rides to and from the airport to get it myself.

My first inclination was $400 bucks direct to a O/O, its $1000 miles but I'm pretty flexible on the pickup and delivery times, so it would just be a 'if you got room and are making that run anyway, here is 400 bucks'

I'm a truck driver, I know that the most fair price to us is $1,000,000 per mile....

But I want serious answers here, anything more than $400 bucks I'll just stick it in the back of my dry van and take a partial load from ft worth to phoenix myself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Ft worth to Phoenix? About 1000 miles more or less. If the car is reliable and you got some good tires I’d drive it there and fly back. About a 15 hour drive and a flight back about 3-4 hours. Catch a cat nap on the flight back and pick up a good load back in Texas fit a good 30-45 min nap somewhere in between.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    call uship, get a bid, but refuse bids from Jarret.

5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    My neighbor is trying to ship a 2006 Ford focus from Raleigh to Boston area. Cheapest bid on uship was $1100

Hulld Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    How do you secure it in a dry van?

Load bars?

Joeziah and Hulld Thank this.
  7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Best advice ( and this is coming from a car Hauler)
    If 400.00 is your number stick it in the back of your dry van and bring it home.
    Hopefully when you get to the auction you can sweet talk a car hauler to load on his trailer so you can back up to it to off load it in to your dry van.
    Also hopefully your not a big guy because it can be a really challenge getting out the car once it’s in there because you can’t open the doors.
    And then you have to do the drill all over again when you get home...

brian991219 and Joeziah Thank this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Recently I was checking rates on car haulers, saw load for 2600 for one car to be shipped 1100 miles.

I don’t think you’ll see $400 today. 9 years ago I paid $900 for one car and I was lucky as the driver made exception since he couldn’t find the last car he needed. So we shipped it earlier then Expected for a cheaper rate.

Joeziah Thanks this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    when i was younger i had worked for an o/o...(on a 1099 mind you).

he had a buddy that was moiving from MA to NC.

we called a flat bed wrecker, he loaded it onto the wrecker then they were driven into the trailer.

then boxes upon boxes of items for the move was stacked up against both cars. we nailed chock blocks at the wheels.

at the location, another flat bed wrecker was there to off load both cars.

done deal.

Joeziah Thanks this.
  10. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    4x4 block wedges screwed into floor with 3" screws. etrac straps to logistics posts. Isn't going anywhere.

Intothesunset, jbatmick and LoneRanger Thank this.
  11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Having a car hauled was the worst thing I've done recently. PITA, it was, I doubt I'd do it again except in an emergency. Had my daughters car shipped from Co. to Cal. Several companies were around a grand, but then bailed. The more dependable ones were over a grand. Pickup times were changed several times, it would be cheaper to rent a car, and drive the car back yourself, and it's done in 2 days, not weeks. If you have a van trailer, I'm not sure why you are considering this.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Intothesunset Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.