Need my DOT physical, but have high BP when at the doctor.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LastStopThisTown, Dec 28, 2021.

1. LastStopThisTown

LastStopThisTown Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2021
    I need to get my medical card updated. I won't pass because my blood pressure is too high. I've been a driver for almost 20 years and I just moved to Tucson. I really don't want to have to fly out to Arkansas to see my regular Dr who passes me every time for this. I've heard I can go to Mexico which isn't too far away. Does anyone know a place around tucson to get a quick medical card update?

truckdriver31 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    See a Doctor....get your BP under control. Are you that effing stupid???

Fishface, ESAFO, Bean Jr. and 14 others Thank this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I don’t think Mexico will fly unless it’s a top notch ripoff of one. Let me know if you go there I’m getting low on our favorite tequila from there.

6. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    How high is your BP?
    Does your regular Dr. lie on the forms?

fishonron, Bean Jr. and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Seriously I take it it’s way too high and your dr just gives you a pass. So it’s either him or Mexico. If it’s that bad your dr should refer to a heart dr to get some help before something bad happens.

8. chazbro

chazbro Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Some of this nonsense just doesn't make sense to me. There's a lot of people who simply should not be driving commercial vehicles let alone private vehicles.

People trying to skim on their DOT physicals, people asking, "what companies don't do Hair Follicle Drug Tests?" is the one that gets me. If you don't think you can pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test, do everyone on the road a favor and find another career.

I went for my DOT physical and they would only give me a 3 month DOT card because my blood sugar was at 240. Within a month's time after working with my doctor I got my sugar level down with metformin, diet and exercise.

there's a reason they don't want unhealthy people behind the wheel of a big rig. Perhaps I should have found a doctor who would just look the other way, but I take my career more serious then most, especially when it comes to my health. If you can't pass a DOT physical, stay home.

Dryver, aussiejosh, fishonron and 20 others Thank this.
  9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    What he said. ^^^^^

Get your BP and possibly sugars under control ASAP, and get, as many that I do know fighting diabetes and other health issues - a 3,6,12 month card.

aussiejosh, cke, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I just had to give up my cdl recently due to diabetes and having to be insulin dependent now.

11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I hate to hear that.

We have the FIL here full time now, diabetic, retinopathy, Stage 4 renal failure . . . All caused by cruddy diet.

3 years ago we turned him from deaths door by diet alone - unfortunately he decided McDonalds was tastier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.