Need some answers

Discussion in 'Millis' started by gonnabe, Feb 2, 2009.

1. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    HEY EVERYONE ! WILL BE GOING WITH MILLIS ON 3/09 IN OHIO. WHILE IT IS NOT BY ANY MEANS A DELA BREAKER WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HOW MUCH LOADING/UNLOADING THEY DO? I AM NOT OVER THE HILL YET BUT NO SPRING CHICKEN EITHER. LOL IN ANY CASE WAS WONDERING HOW ALL THAT WORKED AND WHAT IS LUMPERS? HOW AND WHAT IS THAT PROCESS? ALSO IF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR TRAINING AND TAKE YOUR CDL DO YOU DO IT IN YOUR HOME STATE? I LIVE IN INDIANA, OR DO YOU TAKE IT IN THE STATE OF THEIR CHOICE AND JUST REVAMP IT WHEN YOUR ON HOME TIME? I AM SURE I HAVE ALOT MORE QUESTIONS THESE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT I HAVE COME UP WITH FOR NOW. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP:biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    Lol meant a deal breaker!! I crack me up!!

4. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    Just paid my deposit for the class on march 9th in ohio, jazz said i was the last one for march. I have heard it is very low percentage of load and unload by the driver,but i dont know this for sure.

5. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    You will take the test in your home state. I read on another site, that a former Millis driver...2 years...did one unload.

6. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    in 4 years I have only done 1 or 2 drver unloads and 1 driver assist where uttingi was suppose to help but they just had me putting stickers on the pallets as they were loaded on the trailer.

7. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    does millis have apu's?

8. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    they have about 30 trucks that have apus on them most of them belong to the trainers. the rest of the trucks all have bunk heaters in them to keep them warm during the winter. during the summer you just ahve to idle the truck to stay cool.

dirt, gonnabe and dawgfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.