Need some expert advise pricing my reefer trailer for sale.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Jrosemcd, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Jrosemcd

Jrosemcd Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2021
    I was needing some expert advise on what the price value would be on my box reefer trailer. I cant tell you the year my sister said it is a 53'. it was my grandma's trailer that she used for storage. I'm 38 and the trailer has belonged to my grandparents for as long as I can remember, the condition of the trailer overall as far as being used for storage is ok. As far as a working trailer not likely to happen. The side door would need to be replaced other than that the inside of the trailer is solid. Works great just being used as a storage container doesn't leak, keeps a cool temperature inside year around even with the piece of tin I use covering side door. With it being good for storage use only and in the condition it is in what price range realistically should I sell it for? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
  4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I would say you would have to pay for someone to take it. I bet the air takes and tires have not been kept up with???you may have to throw some $ for someone to be able to recover it.

5. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Well, if the reefer doesn't work then it's not really a reefer anymore. And if it isn't road worthy, then you have nothing but a storage unit. It's a shame too, because if that sucker was in good shape, you can get thousands for it. Prices are out of whack this year because of the shortage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.