Need some feedback getting back into to it.

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by M.Cardoza, Dec 12, 2009.

1. M.Cardoza

M.Cardoza Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Palm Coast
    Hey you all. need some feed back, getting back into it I know what am I thinking but I can't find a job no matter how good my resume is. Going back the the trucking world. I haven't driven in 9 years drove all of N.E. before that for 4 years . Getting re-certified on the 18th of Dec. then I can be insured, thats what drives this whole industry is the insurance companies.
    To keep it short and get some feed back the only companies that will touch me are US EXPRESS, COVENANT, AND WESTERN EXPRESS. I know not the best but I have to get back into it and need to go with someone.
    thanks for the feed back any and all I want to hear it all

M.Cardoza

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I know nothing of Western Express.. no help there

I know alot about US Xpress

I also know alot about Covenant..

I would go with US out of the last 2. And all of them probly are going to send you back thru a training program.

4. M.Cardoza

M.Cardoza Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Palm Coast
    Thanks Brian,
    That's what they told me (US Express) that I would have to go with a trainer for 4 weeks then be teamed up for 6 months that part I'm not crazy about but hopefully it will be someone good and I can make decent $$ can you tell me more about US Express when you have time.
    Thanks M.Cardoza

5. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Then I would not go with them. You need to be retrained, this is their way of forcing you to team after being trained..

Dont do it

Find a company that will let you train, and be a solo.. Dare I say it... Swift or Schneider? God I cant beleive those words just crossed my keyboard..

6. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Also, once this "6 months" is up, they might tell you that they dont have any trucks available, and make you stay as a team. USX is very underhanded, and shadey like that.

7. M.Cardoza

M.Cardoza Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Palm Coast
    Thanks for the info Brian, that's pretty much what they told me about the team thing.
    That after the 6 months if they had a solo position in my area then they would let me go solo. I guess ( IF ) is the magic word rite. Unfortunately I have to go with somebody to get started I hate to work with shady people though. I guess the good thing is I can make the best $$ as a team to start. At this point I need to get 6 months under my belt thanks for the info I appreciate any advise you can give me.

M.Cardoza

8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Check with expediting companies . They won't require retraining .

9. M.Cardoza

M.Cardoza Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Palm Coast
    Thanks RickG, do you know any names of the expediting companies I don't any any miles within the last two years I checked with all kinds of companies couldn't find any that would let me come on without retraining.

M.Cardoza

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Sent you a p.m. . Members here have posted expedite fleet owners have put them to work right out of school with no trainer . There are limited tractor openings . Avoid cargo vans . The rate is too low on them unless you can buy a good used one and go as an O/O .

11. BigDan28

BigDan28 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    I been with USX for 2 weeks now and have received a few messages already about needing team drivers. They push their solo drivers into teaming, or try to anyway.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.